Help me with my thinking.... and decision

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
At the end of the month I will be pulling a trigger on a New 2020 Levo ...

I can either go for the Comp carbon or the Turbo Levo Comp ... specs are the same except for the Carbon main frame on the Comp Carbon.

There is a R20 000 (£1050) difference between them.

If I go for the Levo Comp I can get an additional 500wh Battery and do a few updrafts (SLX 4Piston Brakes and RC2 Charger for the Lyric)

I alos plan on doing a few stage races that have opened to EBikes (hence the purchase) which is why I I want the additional battery. Use the 700 battery for the longer stage races and the 500 for everyday riding with my mates. and Both for the off the grid races.

Is the carbon frame that much better than the alloy ? other then the 700g weight savings? It has been years since I rode a Alloy Frame as my current bikes have all be carbon.

I think I know what the answer is..but emotionally I still want the carbon ..

peippo

Mar 28, 2019
Finland
As my previous bikes (Ibis Mojo HD, YT Jeffsy) were carbon, I was a little hesitant with going back to alloy on the Levo, but all I can say is I just realized I have not put a single thought to it in the 6 months of owning the bike. I find the weight an absolute non-issue on an e-bike, especially for such a small difference. The money will be far better used by upgrading the suspension instead.

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
As my previous bikes (Ibis Mojo HD, YT Jeffsy) were carbon, I was a little hesitant with going back to alloy on the Levo, but all I can say is I just realized I have not put a single thought to it in the 6 months of owning the bike. I find the weight an absolute non-issue on an e-bike, especially for such a small difference. The money will be far better used by upgrading the suspension instead.
Brand new 2019 comp carbons selling for same price as alloy comps while stocks last!

Afraid not here ... Ebikes are at such a huge growth at the moment that shops can't keep up with demand and waiting lists...so there is 0 incentive to mark them down.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles