Other Sizing decision Levo SL 2

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
Hi y’all,

I’ve been riding a Fuel EXe and loving it. I used to have an original Levo SL

I also have a 2021 Trek slash that I occasionally take to angel fire.

I like having two bikes, but it’s a lot to maintain. The time commitment, even when having the shop working on them, is a lot.

Since I rarely ride the Slash, and I just bought my GF an EXe as well. I’m considering selling my EXe and Slash (both 9.8s), and buying a carbon comp SL2. I still have my 210 x 55 mm Storia v3 from my SL1, so that will go on. I’ll probably upgrade just about everything to my liking, so I think I’ll start with the comp and slowly by different parts.

I am about 6’3.5. My EXe has a 508 reach with the one piece bars which has a 50mm stem I believe. I love the reach on the EXe. My slash is 520 and it’s pretty good too, but when I take it on long trail rides it puts a lot of pressure on my hands.

Local specialized store has s5 and s6. I am leaning towards s6 and a very short stem.

I would test ride them both, but went to Angel fire two weekends ago and hit a tree full speed resulting in broken collarbone on one side, fractured Elbow/ribs on the other. I just had surgery today.

I don’t see many people going s6, is it ridiculously long? Specialized don’t really have a store here, they just have a warehouse and they meet you to check it out (South Austin). Neither bike was built, so I asked them to build the s6 for now.

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
I should mention the 3 bikes owned (previous SL, both treks are all XL)

With my GFs bike to maintain. I feel like the Sl2 could be my one bike and keep me covered on my once a year bike park trip to New Mexico. This way I will just be maintaining my bike and my GF’s bike instead of 3 full suspension bikes. (I’ve also got a surron Ultrabee and two other bikes, I’m an addict. It’s a lot to keep up with)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles