Help a newbie decide

tolmie35

Jul 29, 2021
Glasgow
Hi everyone, my first post and why I joined, I do not have a bike and have not had one for many years, I'm now 42 and have decided that when I return to work a few days a week that I will cycle rather than take the train.

So I'm looking for a e bike and haven't clue, my budget is around 2k and here are the 2 bikes although the 1st one seems impossible to get, can you advise which bike would be best or any others you would suggest, I will be using it to travel to work, around 7 miles each way and will also be used for some fun when I get the time.

Thanks

j3ayy

Oct 10, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hi everyone, my first post and why I joined, I do not have a bike and have not had one for many years, I'm now 42 and have decided that when I return to work a few days a week that I will cycle rather than take the train.

So I'm looking for a e bike and haven't clue, my budget is around 2k and here are the 2 bikes although the 1st one seems impossible to get, can you advise which bike would be best or any others you would suggest, I will be using it to travel to work, around 7 miles each way and will also be used for some fun when I get the time.

Thanks
Welcome ??
My brother was after the voodoo but couldn’t find stock, soon as they where available he went to purchase & they had sold out.

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
There are quite a few companies offering good hardtails for that kind of money. Stock is often an issue though.
A quick google turned up a 19" (medium?) Cube in Colchester. linky
If you have the cash on hand and are not looking for a specific bike, you should be able to find a decent hardtail emtb that fits you for sub £2.5k

tolmie35

Jul 29, 2021
Glasgow
Thanks for the reply, the problem i have is that i dont understand the specs and loooking for someone to say buy one of these 3 or something like that.

routrax

E*POWAH Master
Jun 15, 2019
Uxbridge
At your budget you are really only going to get a base model bike if you buy new. EMTBs are expensive.
It's hard to say buy this or that because of the weird position the bike industry is regarding stock and also personal preference plays a huge part.
If I were you, I'd work out what size bike I needed and then just search for a hardtail emtb in that size. As long as you stick to a known brand, from a decent retailer, you should be OK.

tolmie35

Jul 29, 2021
Glasgow
ok thanks, im looking for a medium size and ive reserved the giant i mentioned, it comes in 2 weeks, so got 2 weeks to make sure thats the right one.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles