Help me decide on an eMTB with full suspension ($2700 budget)

Is this a good configuration? Is it worth the money?

• Yes, excellent configuration, buy it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Robert9

Nov 9, 2023
CA
I'm fine with the current gears and chain. I'm not sure what I'll do if/when any of them fail but this isn't a bike I want to be dumping too much $ into. I'm still well under $2k (I paid $1298.00 to start) and I'm very happy with what I've got for that money. If I ever get to the point that I'm riding at every chance I get then I'd go ahead and spend $5k on a different bike and keep this one as a "buddy bike" for guests.
The old dirtbike saying still holds water..."It's 90% rider, 10% bike." ;-) This bike is doing everything I need it to so far.
What is so great with this bike is that it uses normal parts that are so cheap, that tinkering with it is fun. A friend rides a "real" eMTB and the smallest repair part is $$$. I just hope the motor/battery/frame holds up. Everything else is inexpensive. Even the battery is cheap. Most real eMTB batteries cost more than this bike. And the horror stories of $$$ motor failures with Shimano, Brose and even Yamaha. I just wish that Vinka sold there products through AE. It appears they are only an OEM provider in America. Let's just hope that Hyper stays in biz and can provide cheap replacement motors if needed. At least the WM added Allstate warranty is 4 years. If the 90/10 saying is true, I am in trouble. At least I'm having fun doing it.

Brian VT USA

Oct 2, 2023
VT, USA
FYI, there's a FB group for this Hyper bike. It's fairly new but hopefully will build into a good resource.
I don't have a FB account, so I'm not able to participate, but am (usually) able to view it.

Robert9

Nov 9, 2023
CA
FYI, there's a FB group for this Hyper bike. It's fairly new but hopefully will build into a good resource.
I don't have a FB account, so I'm not able to participate, but am (usually) able to view it.
Been there. Also no FB account. We must be the only 2 people left.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles