HELP me decide. So Trek Rail 7 20021 OR Turbo Levo Comp? Buying this week!

skeet103

May 24, 2020
usa
Ok So I have both of these at nearby shops (well within a 6 hour radius) I am torn. I always thought of the Levo as THE BIKE but now looking at the Rail 7, I think I like the Bose over the Brose and the 7 has a bit bigger suspension. I feel like I am really just splitting hairs right now. (I should note I do have a local shop for repairs and warranty for both bikes, they just don't have my frame size in stock)

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
1609783103709.png

I have a Rail 7 and I've ridden a few Levos of different sizes and specs. You'll most likely be perfectly happy on either whilst simultaneously wondering if you should have bought the other...

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
FWIW, I thought the Levo was better than my old Powerfly but not as good as the Rail, but that may be confirmation bias.

Pan

Oct 27, 2020
Qué. Canada
My 2 cents is....you must be convinced that the levo motor issues are all solved. I am sure warranty is good, but i read stories of people without bikes for a while. Unsure also how the documented issues will affect the long term resale value.

Man of Finland

Dec 31, 2020
Finland
I bought the Trek Rail 7 from a Specialized dealer. Did not even consider the Levo because of Brose reliability. Changed the Purion to Kiox before the first ride. Rail 7 is a fantastic now with the newest Bosch software (eMTB Lite mode)!

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
My 2 cents is....I think the Rail represents much better bang for buck, and the Bosch motor hasn't had the ongoing reliability issues of the Brose. Full disclosure I am a Rail owner and its a great bike. If you are swinging towards the Levo I believe they have extended the warranty period. But cold comfort I guess if the Brose fails in the middle of nowhere. In a snow storm. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles