Hello all, so I have two EMTBs in the shop 'basket'...but I can only have one...arrgghhh...

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Will that make it better though? Forks and shock will eat most of that 1500 quid surely?

TBH it's a figure of speech, I wouldn't throw fifteen hundred quid at it - in reality I would see how it goes and drip feed changes if I actually need any.

Or buy a Levo. Goddammiittt.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
A part of me really wanted to find something other than a Specialized, as I've had so many and I wanted something different from the norm

I was in a similar position, I kinda wish u had looked further from specialized, but the kenevo is an incredible bike. Notably it's also the first specialized that I have found fun to ride. The fsr backend is effective but not engaging to ride generally, but the kenevo is just incredible, so fast, so capable, so fun.

he thinks the 150/135 is enough for everything but the narliest of DH. Of course he's right, like you are, but if i'm 'mostly' doing DH bike parks then the 180 is boss. Probably. Maybe.

I went over this again and again, but I wasn't happy with 135mm on the back, as my regular bike has 160mm on the back and the ebike is 50% heavier. With 180mm I'm happy to huck it off anything, I'm definitely the limiting factor!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I went from a 160mm gnar enduro rocket to a 150mm eBike. The thinking behind that was twofold; I didn't feel I was getting the best out of the 160mm bike so less extreme would suit me better and I still wanted to ride uphill. If I'd known how much of a leveller an eBike is, I would have gone for a Kenevo and to hell with the credit card! At some point I'm going to change the airshaft in the forks for a 160 or 170 travel shaft or go for a 160mm coil conversion if I get round to fitting a coil shock.

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
I was in a similar position, I kinda wish u had looked further from specialized, but the kenevo is an incredible bike. Notably it's also the first specialized that I have found fun to ride. The fsr backend is effective but not engaging to ride generally, but the kenevo is just incredible, so fast, so capable, so fun.

I went over this again and again, but I wasn't happy with 135mm on the back, as my regular bike has 160mm on the back and the ebike is 50% heavier. With 180mm I'm happy to huck it off anything, I'm definitely the limiting factor!

I went from a 160mm gnar enduro rocket to a 150mm eBike. The thinking behind that was twofold; I didn't feel I was getting the best out of the 160mm bike so less extreme would suit me better and I still wanted to ride uphill. If I'd known how much of a leveller an eBike is, I would have gone for a Kenevo and to hell with the credit card! At some point I'm going to change the airshaft in the forks for a 160 or 170 travel shaft or go for a 160mm coil conversion if I get round to fitting a coil shock.

That's exactly the advice that's gold dust for me, honest advice born through Ebike experience.
Thanks to everyone whose helped, great advice and help, great forum.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That's exactly the advice that's gold dust for me, honest advice born through Ebike experience.
Thanks to everyone whose helped, great advice and help, great forum.
Right, now I've helped it's time to throw a spanner in the works...

I give you the Fantic (yes, That Fantic) Integra 180. Brose motor, 630Wh battery, 180mm travel...

Integra_enduro-nkhzlt71bl5xk2epbl1jb8p5m5psexr4wgloe5zs0w.jpg

FANTIC XF1 Integra Enduro 160 Review | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
Right, now I've helped it's time to throw a spanner in the works...

I give you the Fantic (yes, That Fantic) Integra 180. Brose motor, 630Wh battery, 180mm travel...

Integra_enduro-nkhzlt71bl5xk2epbl1jb8p5m5psexr4wgloe5zs0w.jpg

FANTIC XF1 Integra Enduro 160 Review | E-MOUNTAINBIKE Magazine

That's a really interesting review, it's a looker for sure, and it looks a lot slacker than 65.5. Good motor, good battery size, poor rims and dropper, and apparently a poor climber which must come from the wheelbase.

Just found it online, £6K, Jeees. The 160 travel is £5K.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
If i had a Kenevo the first thing i would do is put an 180mm MRP Bartlet fork on it. Its begging for a dual crown and the bartlett wont mess with the GEO, when i get a second e-bike a set of these will be going on my Vitus:

MRP's New Dual Crown Fork and Coil Shock - Sea Otter 2018 - Pinkbike

Full Renthal cockpit, Death Grips, bin the stock dropper and put in a One Up as i like to be able to sit on the saddle when its down, SDG saddle, 150mm Sram cranks, Deity TMAC pedals, Hopetech Enduro wheels with the gold hubs to match the Ohlins bling, and to finish it off put the new 12 speed Sram GX on it.

Now wheres my Credit Card!

328A5317.jpg

p5pb15814324.jpg

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Hugely in all honesty, walking away from the 2019 Kenevo Comp now.

yep, it's a bit too much less of everything. Components, battery, motor power... of course the price as well, but it's still not "cheap" and for the same money you get a well equipped Levo (you could put a bigger suspension on that as well - as someone here did, but i have no clue about the effects on the geometry). But if you find a good Kenevo 2018 deal.... go get it :)

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
yep, it's a bit too much less of everything. Components, battery, motor power... of course the price as well, but it's still not "cheap" and for the same money you get a well equipped Levo (you could put a bigger suspension on that as well - as someone here did, but i have no clue about the effects on the geometry). But if you find a good Kenevo 2018 deal.... go get it :)

Agreed, on all counts. It's got me looking at Levo's again too, driving me insane.

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
If your going to buy a bike and a spare battery which I think is a must if you want a good days riding then think about not buying an integrated battery , you want to be able to click in a new battery not spend time fiddling with nuts and bolts , especially when the bike is covered in mud .
Look at what commencal would get you for 4500 before you dive in

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Or the Vitus for under £3k with British Cycling discount.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
How did they compare? Its been a challenge finding unbiased opinions. Most of the reviews say "they are both good"

davegixer

Jul 7, 2018
UK
So the deal is done.

Went for the Kenevo Expert after riding and prodding and poking various models of Kenevo and Levo.
I have to say though, that a Levo is a serious bit of kit. It was a tough choice and I very very nearly went with the Levo.

Thanks for all the help, advice and honesty. Genuinely helped a lot with the final decision.

And now I wait.

Last edited:

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
good choice I have a levo and its a brilliant bike but I have grown to dislike the geometry, my wife has a kenevo expert and it is a fantastically capable bike, shes a much better rider than me but on the tight techy stuff she just leaves me in the dust.
If I was buying again it would be kenevo or vitus, I really rate the vitus and am probably going to buy one to have as well

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles