Heckler SL Will Not Turn On - Single Blue LED

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
Hi All!
I have a 2024 Santa Cruz Heckler SL with a few rides on it. Everything has been great.

After a ride yesterday, I had 60% battery remaining. Today I push the ring control up to turn on the bike, I get a single blue led light (top light position) displayed on the LED HUB. It displays blue and then goes away. The bike does not turn on, but if I look in the FAZUA app on my phone, it does connect to the bike and shows my remaining battery is 59%.

Any suggestion how to resolve? Is there a way to reset? Disconnect battery cable from motor?

Thanks

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
First easy thing to try is loosening the clamp on the ring controller a bit. Not uncommon to have over-torque lead to misbehavior from what I’ve read (and briefly experienced). Have you connected to a computer and used Toolbox to check for errors?

akira

Dec 9, 2021
SanDiego
First easy thing to try is loosening the clamp on the ring controller a bit. Not uncommon to have over-torque lead to misbehavior from what I’ve read (and briefly experienced). Have you connected to a computer and used Toolbox to check for errors?
Loosened bolt on ring controller and no change. When I push the ring controller up to turn on bike, I still get 1 blue LED light and the bike does not turn on. Emailed FAZUA and Santa Cruz this evening.

Hooked up my computer and the Toolbox had no errors (faults). All systems are normal. When I connected to my computer, the LED HUB on the top tube illuminated normal and I discovered that if I push down on the ring controller while plugged into computer...the mode will change. But if I push up, nothing happens. I have a hunch I have bad ring controller and it's malfunctioning specifically when I push up. Maybe this could impact the ability of the bike to turn on, but not sure why the single blue LED light would still illuminate briefly.

Ran and saved a System Report and Live Data report to share with Santa Cruz, Fazua, or local bike shop if needed. If it is the ring controller, hoping I can get a new one quickly and back riding.

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
SC replaced my mate’s first motor for what yours is doing, he could get it turn on like every 10th try but it would turn off again a few mins into a ride. It had no faults, no loose wiring or anything that the shop could find.

cykelk

Subscriber
May 15, 2023
Cascadia
Hope you get it sorted quick. For what it’s worth I’ve been pleased with the service from Fazua supporting my drive unit issues. It’s a bummer to have to deal with it but they seem to be well engaged.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles