Heckler seatpost maximum insertion

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Public Service Announcement

When I got my Large Heckler, nobody could tell me the maximum insertion depth for the seatpost. Santa Cruz couldn't, none of the seatpost manufacturers could, and I couldn't find any data on the interwebs. I understand that the actual dimension might change slightly from frame to frame, but Santa Cruz should publish ballpark numbers.

Yesterday I HAD to figure out the compatibility of different seatposts, so I had to measure it out. Without further ado, the number you're looking for is 9.25 inches.

The Fox Transfer that came on the bike could be slammed down 9.25 inches past the top of the seatpost clamp. If your clamp is different than mine or your seatpost is different, there will be some discrepancy. The difference certainly won't be much.

For my purposes, I learned that there's no way a BikeYoke Revive 213mm will fit. But the 185mm will fit with a lot of room to spare.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
2 things.
1) what size frame are you measuring on.
2) use the same units so its easily understood?

Dave_B

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
point 2 means the OP was quoting inches for one measurement, then mm for two other measurements.

no need for the initial sarcastic reply to Ian's post though....

RustyIron

Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
To whom it may concern:
The measurements of the bike are in inches, because that's what I choose to use.

The manufacturer designates it's models by the amount of drop, measured in millimeters.

Understanding the fit of a seatpost to the bike does not require conversion between these complicated units. If this is overwhelming to anyone, well, I just don't care.

But it's nice that you're sticking up for your mate. Good on ya. Group hug now. ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles