Hawkshead , Lake District ( south ) 17th Sept 2022

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Ok..17th it is !
I will post up the route ( brief touch points )I've done a few times ( never on an ebike ) ..
I can promise a varied ride with a bit of everything ..but after our last jaunt out I'm going nowhere near predicting the weather !
Leave it with me until tomorrow as the missus & myself are watching some catch up TV....already getting some " looks "

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Put us down as a maybe. Only get back from holiday the day before so no idea what we’ll be doing and if we’ll be in a fit state to do it!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Route description ( I will be editing this throughout the day ..when time allows as I'm working )
The ride starts from the main car park in Hawkshead so will cost a few quid to park ..pay on exit ).
We follow the bridleway up and out towards Grizedale Forest ..taking in a small section of the red route before getting to Moor Top car park .
Screenshot_20220831-111621_Outdooractive.jpg

From here we follow the b/way south to where it exits on the minor road ( black chevron)...right turn then left onto the next section of bridleway..
Screenshot_20220831-111646_Outdooractive.jpg

A quite long stretch of tarmac taking us back through Hawkshead follows to the bridleway at Outgate ..
Screenshot_20220831-111710_Outdooractive.jpg

Screenshot_20220831-111732_Outdooractive.jpg

From here we follow the B/ way around Bletham Tarn then short road climb to High Wray.
TO BE CONTINUED
From High Wray ..taking the singletrack b/ way to Long Heights and following this all the way past the Tarns ( 3 ) to come out at Far Sawrey
Screenshot_20220831-111803_Outdooractive.jpg

From Far Sawrey we pick up the b/way down Harrow Slack and follow the track along the Lakeside to Belle Grange
Screenshot_20220831-111824_Outdooractive.jpg

TO BE CONTINUED
From Belle Grange ..a tough little climb to start following the B/ Way all the way over to Colthouse..the drop down to which is a great rocky clatter ..
From here a short wiggle back into Hawkshead ..
Screenshot_20220831-111844_Outdooractive.jpg

I would say that I have no idea if any of this route is still affected by the storm damage from Arwen ..if any local riders are aware of any b/ way closures could you please let me know ..
Cheers

Last edited:

JFDI

Feb 13, 2021
Helmsley, North Yorkshire
Route description ( I will be editing this throughout the day ..when time allows as I'm working )
The ride starts from the main car park in Hawkshead so will cost a few quid to park ..pay on exit ).
We follow the bridleway up and out towards Grizedale Forest ..taking in a small section of the red route before getting to Moor Top car park . View attachment 96132
From here we follow the b/way south to where it exits on the minor road ( black chevron)...right turn then left onto the next section of bridleway..
View attachment 96134
A quite long stretch of tarmac taking us back through Hawkshead follows to the bridleway at Outgate ..
View attachment 96135
View attachment 96136
From here we follow the B/ way around Bletham Tarn then short road climb to High Wray.
TO BE CONTINUED
From High Wray ..taking the singletrack b/ way to Long Heights and following this all the way past the Tarns ( 3 ) to come out at Far Sawrey
View attachment 96137
From Far Sawrey we pick up the b/way down Harrow Slack and follow the track along the Lakeside to Belle Grange View attachment 96138
TO BE CONTINUED
From Belle Grange ..a tough little climb to start following the B/ Way all the way over to Colthouse..the drop down to which is a great rocky clatter ..
From here a short wiggle back into Hawkshead ..
View attachment 96139
I would say that I have no idea if any of this route is still affected by the storm damage from Arwen ..if any local riders are aware of any b/ way closures could you please let me know ..
Cheers
Great area, I'm jealous as I won't be able to make it 😢 but I'm sure you'll have a good day.
Have you ordered some more torrential rain and high winds in advance?!

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Great area, I'm jealous as I won't be able to make it 😢 but I'm sure you'll have a good day.
Have you ordered some more torrential rain and high winds in advance?!
Funny you should say that ..but the last time we did this ride the weather was just as biblical as it was in the Cheviots ..
I'm hoping for better luck this time !😂

Walkea

Aug 18, 2019
Glasgow
One of my favourite Lakeland rides ..anyone interested in a Saturday ride mid September ?
Can do 10th or 17th ..but nothing after in September..
Any takers before I give an outline of the route ....?
Gutted, can't make this as Bosch ebike challenge is on at GT 17th

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
At the time of writing there has been no announcement regarding the royal funeral..which could very well be next Saturday .
It is still my intention to go ahead with this ride ..but respect the fact that others may not wish to ..
Edit : I'm told that the Queen's funeral is to be Monday 19th September.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles