Hate this attitude man

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
and whats this about geofencing? really hope this isnt a thing!!!

I quite like this part:

Why would BMW create a bike that makes it possible to go illegally fast? According to the press release, it wants to "start a conversation."

"This vehicle occupies the space between a bicycle and a light motorcycle and allows our customers to decide for themselves which roads or routes they want to travel on through an urban area," said Werner Haumayr, vice president of BMW Group Design Conception. "They have all the flexibility possible, at the same time as turning the pedals and keeping themselves fit. The modes and clever route selection are intended to make it one of the fastest travel options through a city.”

Seems like they think the 15.5mph limit is BS too

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think BMW said they'd done it to "begin a conversation" ..

From where we are at the moment though, all it does it alienate and create bad press.

Aikone

May 28, 2021
UK
Love an article that starts with a line about fact checking yet contains factual inaccuracies!

GPS ring fencing is definitely happening, our local rental scooters know where they are and shut off or slow down accordingly, my car tells the manufacturer where it is so I can see it in the brands app, it has no connection to my phone so has an independent connection.

My Kiox wants to connect to my phone to give me a map of where I’ve ridden, I can live without that feature.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
1631304362259.png

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
If they allow you to select the speed why wouldnt they allow you to select ring fencing or not.
BTW i thought there was some movement towards raising the UK class 1 speed assist limit? Maybe if i was commuting in a city id want to have a higher assist speed but the 32kph has been .ore than enough for 95% of my riding

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It’s a bracelet ok aholes I have to wear it and it beeps if I am with in 200 meters of any of the women I used to date. You guys are not helping my therapy ya know.
Wouldn't it be more helpful if they wore the bracelets and it beeped for them if you were within 200 meters ? Though in fairness, they'd probably have smelt your aftershave at 300 meters, so maybe it's unnecessary ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles