I really hate battery lock and keys

leix_toffee

Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Ireland
This is really just a rant about stupid lock and key for the battery on my Cube. Drove 35 mins to trails only to remember I left the key for the battery at home (taken battery out for putting on the rack). I wonder if a can cut the key and make a way to turn it with a multitool so I can just leave the key in.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
This is really just a rant about stupid lock and key for the battery on my Cube. Drove 35 mins to trails only to remember I left the key for the battery at home (taken battery out for putting on the rack). I wonder if a can cut the key and make a way to turn it with a multitool so I can just leave the key in.

Just attach your bike key to your car / house keys, thus making it much harder to go out without it!

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Or use duck tape and tape the key inside the battery cavity before you click snap the battery into place. The key will be safe in there.

... no wait! ;)

Joking aside, there plenty of nooks and crannies all around a bike to tape the spare battery key (inside the steerer tube, electric tape around the handlebars somewhere or under the stem or saddle, inside your helmet, or camelbak if you always use one, etc.). I’d still keep the main key at home just in case. ??

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia

Be glad you didn't leave the battery at home...

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
On my e8000 bike I need a key to get the battery out but not to get it in. I agree it's a PITA though. I prefer my Fazua lock which you choose to lock or leave unlocked, so I can lock it if I'm security minded but leave it unlocked in general use.

Gordon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles