Waiting i hate waiting

Marley

Jan 28, 2021
VA
Let me describe my waiting process.

My Trek Rail 7 arrived at shop last week then we get hit with snow storm so delayed pick up.
Owner left voice mail yesterday claiming shop will be closed for 2 weeks as they've experienced a Covid outbreak, all employees off for quarantine.

So my Trek Rail is just sitting in the shop all alone and with Covid. Grrrr

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
I feel your pain mate I have absolutely no Patience once I have ordered something

I am so bad I will pay extra for say next day delivery when I don’t need the item for a week

probably why I never have any money

hope you get your bike soon

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
I feel your pain mate I have absolutely no Patience once I have ordered something

I am so bad I will pay extra for say next day delivery when I don’t need the item for a week

probably why I never have any money

hope you get your bike soon
I too hate waiting and often spend extra to have it shipped faster as well. Waiting for a fork and bushings at this point. Was supposed to delivered today but no dice.

if it hadn't been for Covid I would have waited for a new SL but, since they didn't know when I'd have it I instead I bought a rental that only showed 30 miles.

I do feel bad for those who are waiting for their rigs...

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I was waiting months for the DVO Topaz T3 shock to arrive last October on the ship from the USA. It arrived on time, but did not have a single shock of the size I needed. Next ship is due mid Feb.
I know you guys are very helpful and will send me links to loads of places that sell DVO Topaz shocks, but save your energy. They are all sold out of the size I need. Believe me I have checked every single one that ever came up on Google.

Edit: 16th Mar and I still don't have it!
The ship was delayed docking, then waiting for customs clearance. On Fri 12th Mar a whole batch of DVO suspension components had been shipped from the wholesaler to the retailer who told me that my shock was "almost certainly" amongst them. They would process the delivery and get items out to customers as fast as possible, but they are very busy! aaaarrrrgggghhh!!!!

Last edited:

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
When I heard in January that if you ordered a Trek Rail, you would get it in September I was shocked. Imagine my face when I realised they meant September 2022. Thank God I didn’t sell my bike before ordering.

smtkelly

Feb 13, 2020
ldn
Dying for my Marin E2 to show up. I was doing pretty good till the first video review popped up people start mentioning April sliding too June ? I broke and emailed the shop I ordered with.. waiting to hear back trying to resist the urge to call them hourly.

It doesn't help my current bike has a few expensive fixes that could do with seeing too resisting the urge to fix it is extra irksome. Seeing other emtb's out and zipping past me isn't helping my patience either!

Still could be worse my friends currently stuck on a hardtail he msg'd me after our last ride complaining he had to stand up all day at work because he couldn't bend his knees ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles