Handlebar stopper, how does it work?

Narfel

May 4, 2023
Spain
Does anybody know how and if the handlebar stop intended to stop the handlebar impacting the frame can be adjusted? Mine is turning 90 degrees to the right but not half as much to the left. It's a 2023 Spectral:On and there appears to be some sort of half-moon shaped crown race on the fork, but that looks to be on correctly, at least it is centered with similar space per side. So I guess it must be in the steerer tube?
P.S. What did I do to deserve this nightmare of a integrated cable routing headset?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Sitting astride my Merida eOne-Sixty, I just grabbed the bars and heaved until whatever it is inside the headtube was centralised. It was easier than I thought and it made me wonder just how effective it might be if I actually did have a crash. :unsure:

About a year later, I had to replace the headlight cable and also the control wire to the display that were routed through the headset as they had both frayed. I never use the headlight so I hadn't realised that it was completely severed, but the frayed control wire was giving me on/off connection to the display and hence on/off power.

The light cable was removed and the control wire was rerouted away from the headtube.

uberamd

Nov 7, 2023
Minnesota
Does anybody know how and if the handlebar stop intended to stop the handlebar impacting the frame can be adjusted? Mine is turning 90 degrees to the right but not half as much to the left. It's a 2023 Spectral:On and there appears to be some sort of half-moon shaped crown race on the fork, but that looks to be on correctly, at least it is centered with similar space per side. So I guess it must be in the steerer tube?
P.S. What did I do to deserve this nightmare of an integrated cable routing headset?
If you drop the fork slightly you should see a stop that interfaces with that crown race right at the base of the lower bearing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles