Canyon Spectral:ON - What's your height and what size frame did you buy (and does it fit you)?

Brad Trent

Dec 12, 2020
New York City
I'm 6' tall with a 33" inseam and pretty long arms...I had my doubts about Canyon's sizing...was sure I'd need a Large...but after I talked to them I got a 2020 Medium Spectral:ON CF 7.0 and the size is perfect.
spectral_dh.jpg

ztk

May 10, 2021
Zürich
I sporadically checked the canyon homepage and suddenly the "M" was (very briefly) available again. I took the opportunity and ordered the spectral on 7 in frame size "M". It's about to be shipped and I can't wait to ride it:)

vlastoun

May 17, 2021
Czechia
I'm 6' tall with a 33" inseam and pretty long arms...I had my doubts about Canyon's sizing...was sure I'd need a Large...but after I talked to them I got a 2020 Medium Spectral:ON CF 7.0 and the size is perfect.
Nice! I am as big as you are .. could you post me here size of space between frame and seat post? Thank you ?

vlastoun

May 17, 2021
Czechia
How do you mean???
I mean this one
measurement.png

I am between sizes and my inner leg is 82cm and my height 183cm.. I am deciding between large and medium...
I wanted large and they suggest medium for me.. I have Specialized stump jumper and its size is just somewhere between medium and large..
I am afraid that 2cm longer reach of L will be too long for me and I have short legs.. I am afraid that there will be no room to lower seat when I will take L... So I am leaning toward M frame and I wanted to double check my size choice...

Brad Trent

Dec 12, 2020
New York City
I mean this one
View attachment 61736
I am between sizes and my inner leg is 82cm and my height 183cm.. I am deciding between large and medium...
I wanted large and they suggest medium for me.. I have Specialized stump jumper and its size is just somewhere between medium and large..
I am afraid that 2cm longer reach of L will be too long for me and I have short legs.. I am afraid that there will be no room to lower seat when I will take L... So I am leaning toward M frame and I wanted to double check my size choice...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Brad Trent

Dec 12, 2020
New York City
Based on your size, I think you'll be much better off with a Medium. The jump in reach between the Medium and the Large is only 20mm, but the Seat Tube length goes from 440mm (M) to 480mm (L) and that's a lot! The nice thing about the Medium is it feels big enough for a tall rider like me (6') but it handles like a much smaller bike.

jene

May 12, 2021
Zaragoza
I think your inside leg length is the more relevant metric with the Spectral:On, it’s taller than its long so you need to make sure you can get the saddle low enough. For reference I’m 189cm tall with an 89cm inside leg and the large is spot on, with the XL, which generally is my size in other brands, I’d need a shorter dropper, and I don’t want anything less than 150 dropper which is fitted as standard.

Unless you’ve got very short legs I’d go medium at 170cm tall, I’d recommend opening a live chat on the Canyon website to talk it through. Their sizing calculator is a little basic.

Man, exactly same numbers as me! ? 1.89 and 89...I'm wondering which size is better, L or XL of the Spectral ON, compared to my current bike and not sure which seat tube size could fit better. In my current bike I've the dropper too much high. Could be possible to show some pic of your dropper? ??

RAG

Mar 16, 2021
UK
Man, exactly same numbers as me! ? 1.89 and 89...I'm wondering which size is better, L or XL of the Spectral ON, compared to my current bike and not sure which seat tube size could fit better. In my current bike I've the dropper too much high. Could be possible to show some pic of your dropper? ??
Hi Jene,

You could comfortably go for either size, the only issue being is if you go XL and ever want to upgrade the dropper (which I have) you will be limited to a 150, with a 170 on the large I’ve got about 30mm of post out of the frame.
6CC529A2-6128-444F-8BDE-91260BB3ABE1.jpeg

jene

May 12, 2021
Zaragoza
Hi Jene,

You could comfortably go for either size, the only issue being is if you go XL and ever want to upgrade the dropper (which I have) you will be limited to a 150, with a 170 on the large I’ve got about 30mm of post out of the frame.
View attachment 66173
Thanks for the pic mate! So you got a L frame size... why did you upgrade to a 170 dropper?? A 150 apparently should fit there, I mean, only +2 cms out the frame and perhaps you won't hit it going down..

RAG

Mar 16, 2021
UK
Thanks for the pic mate! So you got a L frame size... why did you upgrade to a 170 dropper?? A 150 apparently should fit there, I mean, only +2 cms out the frame and perhaps you won't hit it going down..

20mm might not seem a lot but it does help get the saddle out of your way when descending, particularly with a taller seat tube.

Yeah I went Large based on the usual sizing decision process with MTB, size down for agility, size up for stability. For my personal use case and sizing, the large is very agile, feels a lot like a standard MTB. ??

PeruMTB

Mar 30, 2022
Peru
hi guys.

I BOUGHT a torque ON

on the first ride i noticed a broken shock and the battery literallt Fell off the frame. I thouatght it was going to explode at that point, thankfully it didnt. That was a L which felt nice. on that first minute LO

Im 1.80 CM which is 5 11 i think.
82 kg Enduro riding, oriented to speed, very rocky terraein "ANDES region" Fairly Steep IMO

Anyway, im now betwween a M spectral ON or a XL. Since no LARGES are coming soon. How mad would it be to buy a XL? Can i just lower the dropper a bit and ride the XL?

A the end of the day the XL has fairly similar geo as my SLASH LARGE 2021.

What do you fellas think?

thank you

PeruMTB

Mar 30, 2022
Peru
hi guys.

I BOUGHT a torque ON

on the first ride i noticed a broken shock and the battery literallt Fell off the frame. I thouatght it was going to explode at that point, thankfully it didnt. That was a L which felt nice. on that first minute LO

82 kg Enduro riding, oriented to speed, very rocky terraein "ANDES region" Fairly Steep IMO

Anyway, im now betwween a M spectral ON or a XL. Since no LARGES are coming soon. How mad would it be to buy a XL? Can i just lower the dropper a bit and ride the XL?

Funny and depressing story: i ended up trying to give back that torque to CANYON USA, but the plane in which i took the bike from South A to MIAMI, managed to somehow loose the bike or got roobbd by Airport or airline staff. After this eventuality, i let canyon know about this and they just said they were sorry and they would try to find a solution.

Ultimately the solution was a 20 % discount.

LOl now i have no coins and no bike.

Really at this point im thinking that buying a trail bike or enduro bike is way more durable than a ebike.

You need to have 2 bikes if you are thiniking of buying a ebike with a shimano or brose engine.

They both are unrealiable. Brose WAYYYY worse

Fu

thank you

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Hi from Brasil!
I have the spectralon 2018 large. With 178cm I would go for a medium but they where not available at the time I ordered.
The bike fits OK, I did not even bother trying a shorter stem and have been riding the bike for more than 5.000 km, jus feel a little more streched than on my other medium sized bikes but this feels just good as with the ebike I usually ride at a faster pace.
In your situation, I would grab the medium sized because it would be much easyer to sell if you dont like it.

Aug 25, 2018
Randa, Switzerland
hi guys.

I BOUGHT a torque ON

thank you

Hello, you can wait a few days, next Tuesday is coming a new Spectral On

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles