Spectral:ON frame size recommendations between CF and CFR

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
Hi,

I am thinking to buy a Spectral:ON. My favourites would be the CF9 or the CFR. However, when looking at the size recommendations, I get an L for the CF and an M for the CFR. The frame geometry is exactly the same, even the Body height recommendations.

But when it comes to the Seat height, they recommend:

CF M 693-823
CF L 733-853

CFR M 699-844
CFR L 771-933

As my seat height is around 760-770, that would mean that I would have to go for an M with the CFR, but have the impression that the geometry would not be perfect overall.

Any experience or similar observations? Or any specific reasons for that? Could it be that the lighter frame needs a different seatpost?

Thanks.

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
Oh, wow, really? That's a pretty weird choice then, isn't it? Sacrifice on the geometry for the dropper post? Then, I could take the L and just change the dropper, right?

Giustizio

Mar 16, 2021
Italy
Given the structural/design problems and the many posts about it that you can find online on this site and others I would think about it... today you can get great deals in physical stores...

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
I am tempted because of the 900Wh battery, there is not much choice on the market, Bulls, Norco, Canyon, that's about it, I think...

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Another thing I find odd is that even though they increased the fork travel to 160mm they show the same geometry as with the 150mm fork. But as the frame is the same it should have shorter reach and slacker head angle with the longer fork.

adam89pl

Aug 28, 2023
Poland
I have 2022 version I'm 182 cm and 87 cm leg and according to canyon sizing M and L was ok for me. I chose M and its perfect, very nimble. If you need it for trail riding then smaller should be better. If you want more dh/enduro then better buy something longer (Strive or Torque). If you look for more touristic bike then bigger size can be better but in this case maybe better buy Neuron? Don't forget Strive and Neuron have Bosch motor and I don't know if it's possible to derestrict this new version. Riding restricted ebike on fast trails is realy annoying :)

sulsj

Aug 2, 2023
California, USA
I am 182cm and 83inseam and I've got spectral on cf8 Large. This is just perfect for me even though I need to set the dropper post to the lowest and then I can have 73cm saddle height. You need to get an L considering your seat height. If someone has a shorter inseam than 83cm, M should be chosen at least for this model.

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
I am 182cm and 83inseam and I've got spectral on cf8 Large. This is just perfect for me even though I need to set the dropper post to the lowest and then I can have 73cm saddle height. You need to get an L considering your seat height. If someone has a shorter inseam than 83cm, M should be chosen at least for this model.
I´m 178cm with long 85,5cm inseam. I think L would work well for saddle height but then the longer reach might be too long for my short torso. Standing up I think the reach on L is ok but it´s the seated reach that I worry about. Could go with M but then I worry the seat might sit too high over the handlebar.

adam89pl

Aug 28, 2023
Poland
I´m 178cm with long 85,5cm inseam. I think L would work well for saddle height but then the longer reach might be too long for my short torso. Standing up I think the reach on L is ok but it´s the seated reach that I worry about. Could go with M but then I worry the seat might sit too high over the handlebar.
Handlebar Is rather high so I don't think saddle will be to high. If you like nimble and easy to pop bike then M will be better. L will be more stable but I think If somebody looks for more stable bike for really high speeds then better look for Torque.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles