Hamsterley Forest ..Friday 4th March '22.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I'm happy to switch to Whinlatter - easier for me!
Tony ..more than happy to meet up at Whinlatter if you are up for it..however truth be known I was about to do a complete U turn after seeing the weather forecast which is pretty horrendous ( wet , wet & triple wet ) ..and bin it completely..
Your shout ..if you ( or anyone else ) want to go I will be there ...

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
...just made a phone call ..
Much the same as the last update ..however they are hoping to have the full red route open by the weekend ..which still means a whole lot is closed including section13 ..which is red but overlaps with the black route ..
They are hoping to have the full network open in time for half term ..which is in two weeks time ..
That being the case I'm "out" for this weekend ..its not worth the time & fuel for whats on offer ..
I'm about to ring Whinlatter to find out the state of play ..
Edit : everything is open at Whinlatter ..so that is where I will be heading ..anyone else interested ?

Only just read this sorry

To add to the Hamsterley dilemma ….

8538AC00-BA83-4D3B-9F27-EA915BC9D698.jpeg

So, mmm, not sure where we’ll go. We’ll make a decision on Friday evening based on weather reports 👍🏼

CCC0CA38-B33A-4EFE-9674-67FE8746661D.jpeg

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Tony ..more than happy to meet up at Whinlatter if you are up for it..however truth be known I was about to do a complete U turn after seeing the weather forecast which is pretty horrendous ( wet , wet & triple wet ) ..and bin it completely..
Your shout ..if you ( or anyone else ) want to go I will be there ...
Let's bin then. No point getting that wet or uncomfortable. I just looked and definitely not good for the forecast...

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Still heavy rain forecasted for both Hamsterley and Whinlatter tomorrow. Damn, it’s been fine all week too. Bloody winter grrr

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
How do. Now then, just to say we’re off to Whinlatter (weather depending) on Saturday 5th March. The more the merrier, come and join us

Also going to Hamsterley on Friday 4th as we have a day off work

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Just a bit of further info ..
Checked this morning with F.C..all trails are open but there is a slight diversion on the South near the start due to forestry work ..
I'm also not ruling out your visit completely either TG ..🤔

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Unfortunately Steve & Lou ..I won't make either ride..( 4th & 5th March )..I would have taken a day off work on Friday ..but need to do that on Monday instead as I'm at a christening on Sunday ..a mini bus has been booked so that none of us needs to drive...and I'm guessing quite a session will be had at the reception ...😬
I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to 🍻..these days ..but I will give it my best shot ..😵‍💫

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Unfortunately Steve & Lou ..I won't make either ride..( 4th & 5th March )..I would have taken a day off work on Friday ..but need to do that on Monday instead as I'm at a christening on Sunday ..a mini bus has been booked so that none of us needs to drive...and I'm guessing quite a session will be had at the reception ...😬
I'm a bit of a lightweight when it comes to 🍻..these days ..but I will give it my best shot ..😵‍💫

no worries at all @The Hodge

enjoy your beer fuelled christening 👍🏼

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
Just checking we are still on for Saturday at Whinlatter...

So who is confirmed?
Me - (obvs!)
Tubby G (Steve)
Mrs Tubby G (Lou)
Anyone else?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just checking we are still on for Saturday at Whinlatter...

So who is confirmed?
Me - (obvs!)
Tubby G (Steve)
Mrs Tubby G (Lou)
Anyone else?

Cool, glad you can make it Tony. You can give us the tour as we’ve never been before. I expect we’ll be there around 10-10.30 ish, depending on traffic. It’s a two hour journey for us

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Unfortunately not this time ..still nursing an injury from last Saturday..rocks hurt ..might get out for a gentle ride locally ..
Have a great time ( as I'm sure you will )

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Unfortunately not this time ..still nursing an injury from last Saturday..rocks hurt ..might get out for a gentle ride locally ..
Have a great time ( as I'm sure you will )

Is it just the one car park at Whinlatter or are there multiple places like Dalby & Kielder ? Just wondering how easy it’ll be to find Tony upon arrival

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hope you guys have a blast as I did last weekend with @The Hodge.
Sorry I couldn’t make as the grandkids are with us this weekend.
Tooo the Max!🤙

Just to say we’re going to be heading to either Hamsterley or Whinlatter again on Saturday 19th March, whichever has the better weather forecast

(Although Grenoside is a plan C just in case the weather is shite up north :) )

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
Just to say we’re going to be heading to either Hamsterley or Whinlatter again on Saturday 19th March, whichever has the better weather forecast

(Although Grenoside is a plan C just in case the weather is shite up north :) )
I'd be up for this if there's space available
I'm hopefully getting my bike back on the 16th complete with new motor

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Having been to Whinlatter fairly recently ..we've decided to do a fairly local ride in the Cheviots this Saturday ..hopefully to accommodate an old friend who through surgery and injury hasn't ridden with us for close to two years ..
Will catch up with you soon though ...

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Having been to Whinlatter fairly recently ..we've decided to do a fairly local ride in the Cheviots this Saturday ..hopefully to accommodate an old friend who through surgery and injury hasn't ridden with us for close to two years ..
Will catch up with you soon though ...

No problem. Weather’s looking good for both Whinlatter and Hamsterley so we’re leaning towards going back to Hamsterley again as we haven’t ridden there in dry conditions for over five months!

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Now then … After feeling the bitter cold in the air this weekend I’m starting to come to terms with the fact that summer may finally be over. Thinking ahead, we’ll probably start to migrate from the lovely fresh North Yorkshire loam to as far afield as County Durham to ride the groomed trails in Hamsterley Forest. Word on the street is that K-Line is undergoing a re-vamp and should be ready in a week or two.

So, we’ll probably be visiting Hamsterley on a fairly regular basis over the coming Autumn & Winter months. We never managed the meet up last year as Storm Arwen decided to ruin our plans. If anyone is up for trying again, give us a shout in this thread 😀👊🏼

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles