Hamsterley Forest ..Friday 4th March '22.

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Ok that's great mate, I'm going to head up either way, I driver a dark grey Passat estate, I'm not sure on the little one yet but will know before hand :) I will give you a shout on here beforehand. I am looking at doing the Birdsall Blast in March so need to get some practice in as I am crap haha. I dont know Dalby well and find its just normal trail riding

Cool, you’ve entered Birdsall then. We were about to, and I was being indecisive about paying £90+ for the two of us, and then noticed they’re doing one in July too so thought we’d enter that one instead

Orange X1 with a two bike rack on the back, but yes I’ll message again on here beforehand to confirm we’re definitely coming. Last time we all tried to meet Storm Arwen kicked off only the day before!!

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Cool, you’ve entered Birdsall then. We were about to, and I was being indecisive about paying £90+ for the two of us, and then noticed they’re doing one in July too so thought we’d enter that one instead

Orange X1 with a two bike rack on the back, but yes I’ll message again on here beforehand to confirm we’re definitely coming. Last time we all tried to meet Storm Arwen kicked off only the day before!!
I have not entered it yet just waiting on confirmation from a mate coming up rom the south:) but will most likely and will do anything else local too fingers crossed :)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I have not entered it yet just waiting on confirmation from a mate coming up rom the south:) but will most likely and will do anything else local too fingers crossed :)

This is the other event they do in June (not July)

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
This is the other event they do in June (not July)

Thanks will take a look, looks different to other stuff :)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I’ve just been reminded by my social secretary that we can’t do Hamsterley on the 5th Feb as we’re meant to be elsewhere that day, sorry 😬

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Weather is looking good for tomorrow @Whitby Chris so we’ll definitely be there, as mentioned before, around 9.30-0am ish. It’s been dry all week so looking forward to our first dry ride in months!

Dates my social secretary has advised we can do Hamsterley again:

Feb 12th
Feb 26th
Mar 5th
Mar 19th

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Either of the Feb dates for me ..
March is out ..2 "kids " birthdays & a christening ..

Actually, now that my social secretary is sat here in front of me, and after muttering something about ‘d*ckhead’ and that I never listen, the dates in February we can do are:

Saturday 12th

Or

Saturday 19th

😀

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Weather is looking good for tomorrow @Whitby Chris so we’ll definitely be there, as mentioned before, around 9.30-0am ish. It’s been dry all week so looking forward to our first dry ride in months!

Dates my social secretary has advised we can do Hamsterley again:

Feb 12th
Feb 26th
Mar 5th
Mar 19th
Thats great @Tubby G See you in the morning, I'm leaving the little one behind so will be just me :)

Whitby Chris

Subscriber
Jul 13, 2021
Whitby
Great ride at Hammers today. Trails running fast. Shame I missed Chris’ 15ft gap jump at the end of Accelerator 😆
Haha yeah great ride today, thanks or everything :). I think Louise must of come around behind me on the Berm and thought "what the hell is he doing up against that tree" :eek::LOL::LOL:

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Message from the FC, just in case anyone is planning on going today:

URGENT UPDATE

The forest is currently now CLOSED due to another storm. At 10am we lost all power again in the area and have multiple trees down across entrance roads and trails. Please do not attempt to come to the forest today (Saturday 29th January). We will post an update this evening. We are unable to reply to comments here as this post was created off site.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Just seen this post ..we have also lost power from 10.am yesterday ..still without so we are having a MaccyD"s before heading back to our cold storage ( for that is what it has become ) ..🥶

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Just seen this post ..we have also lost power from 10.am yesterday ..still without so we are having a MaccyD"s before heading back to our cold storage ( for that is what it has become ) ..🥶

Oh dear, not again, hope your powers back soon

Went to Dalby today, the off piste trails were well busy. Probably due to Hamsterley being closed again. Danny Hart was there too getting all the KOM’s on Strava !

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Oh dear, not again, hope your powers back soon

Went to Dalby today, the off piste trails were well busy. Probably due to Hamsterley being closed again. Danny Hart was there too getting all the KOM’s on Strava !

10075FA1-1D4D-4726-9C29-40CFD2E50A49.jpeg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Found this from the FC written on Wednesday:

We regret to inform everyone that the forest and all trails will be CLOSED until the weekend. On Friday we will make a decision as to whether we can open. This is due to a considerable number of damaged and fallen trees. Thanks for your cooperation

Also just seen thatDescend is open now, but a couple of trails at Descend are still closed

I’ll look out for the FC’s update today

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
FC:

We are reopening Hamsterley forest to visitors TOMORROW. Please be aware there are still some Trails closed.
Cafe - OPEN from Saturday
Car Parks - OPEN from Saturday
Superworm Trail - OPEN from Saturday
Viking Play Trail - OPEN from Saturday
Riverside Walk - OPEN from Saturday
Bedburn Valley Walk - OPEN from Saturday
Three Becks Walk - CLOSED
Orienteering - CLOSED
Gruffalo Orienteering - CLOSED

MTB training Loop - CLOSED
MTB Blue trail - Diverted at Blacking hole.
MTB Red Trail - (partial closure)
Brain Freeze, Special K, Bone Shaker, Section 13, 4DC, -CLOSED
Five Lane end, Poulty's, Transmission, Accelerator, Nitrous - OPEN
MTB Black trail - CLOSED

Our teams have been working hard all week to open up these sections, please adhere to any diversions and closures that are still in place. If you are unsure where you can go our info point will be manned all weekend. Have a great weekend.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
...just made a phone call ..
Much the same as the last update ..however they are hoping to have the full red route open by the weekend ..which still means a whole lot is closed including section13 ..which is red but overlaps with the black route ..
They are hoping to have the full network open in time for half term ..which is in two weeks time ..
That being the case I'm "out" for this weekend ..its not worth the time & fuel for whats on offer ..
I'm about to ring Whinlatter to find out the state of play ..
Edit : everything is open at Whinlatter ..so that is where I will be heading ..anyone else interested ?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles