Hamsterley Forest ..Friday 4th March '22.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
As suggested by Tubby G ..any takers..?
I'm touting that particular date as its the last Saturday before the clocks go back..
I know my way around the Black & Red routes ( including the shortcut to cut out the boring bits of red ) and a little bit of the off piste stuff..but its not what you would call my local trails ..
anyway the red from the top of Poulty's through Transmission & Accelerator is worth doing twice ..😂..
I'm no downhiller so will be giving those sections ( which spawned a world champion and has his name over the doorway..Danny Hart) a wide berth ..that apart there are plenty of jumps to take you into hyperspace from the top of Poultys if you have the talent ( rollable if not )..and you get to see the downhill nutters flying through the air on the savage climb up to Section 13..
It's a step up from both Dalby & Kielder..but doable and a great day out once you have recovered from the shock of a £10.00 parking charge..
Anyone ..?

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
As suggested by Tubby G ..any takers..?
I'm touting that particular date as its the last Saturday before the clocks go back..
I know my way around the Black & Red routes ( including the shortcut to cut out the boring bits of red ) and a little bit of the off piste stuff..but its not what you would call my local trails ..
anyway the red from the top of Poulty's through Transmission & Accelerator is worth doing twice ..😂..
I'm no downhiller so will be giving those sections ( which spawned a world champion and has his name over the doorway..Danny Hart) a wide berth ..that apart there are plenty of jumps to take you into hyperspace from the top of Poultys if you have the talent ( rollable if not )..and you get to see the downhill nutters flying through the air on the savage climb up to Section 13..
It's a step up from both Dalby & Kielder..but doable and a great day out once you have recovered from the shock of a £10.00 parking charge..
Anyone ..?

Just seen this. I may have my boys that weekend as it’s the end of half term, but I’ll double check

Agree, the line from Poulty’s down to the end of Accelerator and Nitrous is well worth doing two or three times. There’s fun to be had at Pikes Teeth and there’s a few more in that area, odd sox?

The other side is a battery draining climb, Section 13 and Special K, but again worth doing

Also agree that the off piste is totally nuts and probably too much for a group emtb forum ride !!

Parking was £6 last time we went a few weeks ago, in the main car park by the toilets. Cafe is reasonably priced too 👍🏼

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
I can't make that weekend - grandson's first birthday! Don't know which emoji to use so will put in both! :( 😍

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Just seen this. I may have my boys that weekend as it’s the end of half term, but I’ll double check

Agree, the line from Poulty’s down to the end of Accelerator and Nitrous is well worth doing two or three times. There’s fun to be had at Pikes Teeth and there’s a few more in that area, odd sox?

The other side is a battery draining climb, Section 13 and Special K, but again worth doing

Also agree that the off piste is totally nuts and probably too much for a group emtb forum ride !!

Parking was £6 last time we went a few weeks ago, in the main car park by the toilets. Cafe is reasonably priced too 👍🏼
I'm now wondering how I was asked to pay a tenner ...grrr ( ufalo ) 🤬

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Ooh..I've just noticed I've lost my cameras to be replaced by ??..
It's about time too ..give them to etoni 😊
Is there a hedgehog to replace my shutterbug handle ( hodgehog) ..its well known I can be a little " spikey " at times 😂

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Tony has lost his bionic arm too 🦾

I’m no IT expert but maybe when the server was changed it hasn’t moved all the special little characters (emojis)

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Another ride if anyone is interested ..however it will probably be with some of my non ebike mates too..this coming Saturday ..Whinlatter ..
I'm not posting it as a forum ride for that reason ..
Edit : Whinlatter postponed ..now doing a local ride near to the Roman Wall ..starting at Vindolanda .

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Having had a conversation with TG..we now have a date to work towards ( and I now realise why I posted the 27th as being in October ..).
27th November is the date we are working towards ..which will hopefully see Louise's Orbea Rise in its new home and ready to use ( having ably ridden her hardtail through the summer ..this should bring her level of comfort and riding to a different and deserved level )..so get your diary out and pencil this one in ..( I will change the header to reflect the new date..)

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Evening all. Little update on L’s Orbea. It’s actually finally been delivered to the bike shop over two weeks ago 😀

When it arrived, because we are upgrading the brakes to Magura’s, it became apparent we needed the Magura Matchmaker bracket to fit the brakes, gear levers and dropper lever all to one bracket. This then took around 10 days to arrive from Germany. The bike shop were due to fit that with the brakes, and then start Invisiframing the bike, ready fo us to collect Friday afternoon just gone

The brake hoses were a nightmare to fit, and took the bike shop all day, which meant they didn’t start the Invisiframe until late Friday afternoon. We could have collected the bike today, but had other plans, so are now due to collect it in a couple of weeks as we are both busy next weekend

So, long story short, looks like we’ll definitely have the new bike in time for Hamsterley on the 27th November. No idea when mine is due, still saying July 2022 on the Orbea website, but I’m in no rush

Looking forward to Hammers 😀

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Great to hear ..so pleased for Louise ..
It's been a long wait but will be totally worth it ...
That's actually cheered me up no end after suffering such an abject performance from watching Newcastle this afternoon ..
Look forward to seeing you at the end of next month ..

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
after suffering such an abject performance from watching Newcastle this afternoon ..

I don’t really watch football these days. I’ll get behind the Euro’s and World Cup, but I come from a family of fanatic football supporters and as a young lad learned quickly to get used to humiliating defeats every weekend. However, when Steve Bruce became manager in around 2001, my team had the most glorious & successful years in their recent history and I actually shared a season ticket with my sister and once a month would travel to my home city to go and watch the game with my Father

Without googling, name my team ⚽

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Hull City ..and I wish the clown recently departed ( Ashley) had bought Jared Bowen ..when he was " nailed on " coming to Newcastle ..
Brucies time is up ..he might have 1000 games behind him but his managerial career is less than average ..he might have supported Newcastle as a boy but after his time at Sunderland nobody wanted him here in the first place..he even looks like a beaten man and its better he doesn't suffer anymore ..

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles