Gairloch ..N.W.Highlands .March 19th-22nd'22.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Staying over here for 3nights on an mtb trip with my non ebike-ing mate ..
I'm planning on an early start to do the Applecross ride on day one ..Full Torridon loop day two ( both of which have been done a few times before) ..Day 3..a ride described as Slattadale Rock ride.. which starts on the route description in my book at Loch Maree..but as it takes in Gairloch ..that is where we will start it from ..I've never ridden this one but it looks great ..?
Leaving for home again on the 22nd and expect to be totally cream crackered ..so no 4th ride🥴
More than happy for any locals to join us ..bearing in mind that the pace will be set by my mate on his normal mtb ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Well they weren't kidding about the Rock ride route ..nice riding by that kid ..

20211024_101258.jpg

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Well they weren't kidding about the Rock ride route ..nice riding by that kid ..

View attachment 74485
Another little teaser..Day1 ride ..Applecross..probably my favourite singletrack in Scotland ..
Edit : Where he thinks he has got to the end of the trail on the outward leg ..he most definitely has not !
There is approx another mile of excellent singletrack to the road at Kenmore ( idiot ! )

Last edited:

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Regrettably I've had to cancel this trip as my mate ( Nick ) ..riding buddy of 25+years has contracted a debilitating illness which looks like it could spell the end of his time in the hills & mountains .
To say I'm gutted for him would be an understatement ...

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
That's not good. Having experienced a life-changing event myself, it can seem like your world is ending. I hope he can continue some aspects of what he enjoys. It's about finding small ways to continue these things.

I never thought I'd be back riding MTBs but small steps and a change of technology (e-mtb) has made it possible.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles