Had a brilliant ride locally, lockdown makes you realise so many trails on your doorstep [video]

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
As it is locked down city, in Yorkshire, You can go local for excercsie and health, so I found a route on Strava and went for it. What I soon realised is, lifting an EMTB over 8 stiles is like dead lifting 30k with one hand and doing step ups at same time with muddy boots on.. not.. easy..

Muddy shoulder indeed

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
As it is locked down city, in Yorkshire, You can go local for excercsie and health, so I found a route on Strava and went for it. What I soon realised is, lifting an EMTB over 8 stiles is like dead lifting 30k with one hand and doing step ups at same time with muddy boots on.. not.. easy..

Muddy shoulder indeed
come on mate, if you had said 10 styles, 3 kissing gates and a hedge and the dead weight was 60kg while
doing a step class, and with a pint of john smiths in the other hand everybody in england would have believed you
true yorkshire grit , we can multi task

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
come on mate, if you had said 10 styles, 3 kissing gates and a hedge and the dead weight was 60kg while
doing a step class, and with a pint of john smiths in the other hand everybody in england would have believed you
true yorkshire grit , we can multi task

Ha HA I had 6 in a row all within 100 meters of each other, couldn't lift the bike after 5th.. Really struggled many are really small to get through as well.

JoeBlow

Jul 7, 2019
South West, UK

Muddy shoulder indeed
When I encounter a stile or a gate that cannot be ridden through I turn back. On the basis that a) I'm far too old to be lifting an EMTB and b) perhaps I should not be on a trail like that in the first place as it's probably a footpath and not a bridleway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles