Gloves with finger protection?

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Can anyone recommend some decent gloves with finger protection?

I’m just back from a ride, and my fingers are throbbing and covered in bruises and cuts from spikey bushes! Spikes poking into my fingers, as well as the ‘whack’ feeling of clipping them at 25mph on a really narrow fast section!

I used to have a pair of 661 gloves that had some rubber bits on the fingers... and the Fox Defend Kevlar ones I’m wearing at the moment just have knuckle protection.

I don’t want a set of hand guards on my bars... but a set of gloves with decent finger protection would probably go a long way to solving my problem!

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
For cool or hot weather? Leather is your best option but hard to find good palms with Heavy leather gloves. I’ve always loved the
Oakley Pilot glove but I’d never pay for them because the palm will not last long.
Something like this would probably do well: Mechanix Wear M-Pact 3 Gloves Coyote

Cool weather at the moment... but I probably never get above about 20 degrees C here!

I found Fox Bomber gloves that look pretty good. You’ve given me an idea by mentioning Mechanix - as maybe I’d be better getting a pair of offshore safety ‘impact gloves’. I think I’ve maybe even got a couple of pairs in my offshore bag!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles