Giant Trance E+ 0 Pro 2019

Chazbot

Apr 29, 2020
New Zealand
Found a really good deal on a 2019 Trance E+ 0 Pro, 30% off brand new.

Just wondering if anyone has one of these, can't find any reviews online?

Also they only have small size. On size chart I am right between small and medium (171cm)

Any advice re sizing on these?

Thanks!

andykent

Mar 12, 2019
Oetz, Austria
I have one, in small, i am 168cm, at 171cm i suspect you would be a medium. Good bike, great for all day missions and also quick dh laps. Handles everything i throw at it.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Last year I bought a Giant Trance SXE+0 Pro MEDIUM from my LBS (they only had the MEDIUM in stock).

They did not have any demo Giant bikes, but did let me ride it up and down the pavement outside the shop.

The shop owner brought in his own SMALL Trance E+2 for me to try against the MEDIUM.

According to the Giant size chart I should be right in the middle of the SMALL frame range (5ft 6in), but to me it felt very short and cramped. When I stood up over the bike I was touching the handlebar and the downtube!

The MEDIUM frame felt much better to me, and gave me much more stand over height, as when I stood up I was further back from the handlebars, and over the lower part of the downtube, and in fact it felt very like my old Stumjumper which was also a MEDIUM.

The moral of this story is that manufacturers' size charts are a VERY rough guide because they work on the overall height of the rider. In reality riders have a great variety of upper body / leg length ratios, which means that the overall height guide is really meaningless.

The only way you can be sure it is the right size is to sit on it and ride it about, even if this is only in the shop carpark or outside on the pavement. It only took me a few seconds of riding each size to confirm that the MEDIUM was the right one for me.

Last edited:

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
I'm 175 cm and find a medium Trance e+ just a little snug. The seat seems most comfortable all the way in the back.

Mine is a year old, with about 2000 nasty miles, and has been reliable. Water got into the ride control once while hosing her off, and I've broken the speed sensor off.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Great bike! I’m 6’2”, ride a large Trance and I certainly wouldn’t want to go any smaller frame wise. I suspect you’d be more comfortable on a medium.

Herder000

Oct 31, 2019
UK
I'm 6'1 and ride a large 2019 Trance 2. I would say the Trance comes up on the small side. I certainly wouldn't want to go any smaller. Older Large size bikes I have are bigger.
I know how tempting it must be to go for a bargain like that but it would spoil it riding the wrong size...
I've had a couple of issues with mine, i had no drive when the freehub wouldn't engage due to viscous grease (the 0 maybe a different freehub though) and a creaking motor mount. Both are common issues, at least on my model.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles