Giant Reign E+1 malfunction won't turn on

robnz

Jul 3, 2023
NZ
Hey everyone, looking for advice. I have a giant reign 2020 ebike started playing up. It won't "stay on". It's happened a couple of times on rides and now It was in the garage and I just charged the battery to full and it's doing this.
See video (10 seconds) for what happens. Any ideas?
Giant wont turn on video
Thanks

trailaddict

Jul 7, 2021
Alps
Unplug the Battery, clean the contacts, try again. Maybe it helps.
I had this on my 2019 Trance SX, 2020 Reign and 2021 Trance and everytime the controler had to be replaced.

O'l Timer

Dec 28, 2019
kent
Gooday robnz. My 2021 Trance has just started doing the same. Could be contacts, clean etc but Giant ,main dealer that I bought it from are going through 3 stages. First is the battery firmware, that didn't solve it. Bike is in having controller,loom and Gateway receiver changed today to see if that solves it. If not then the battery gets changed and that is it. Nothing left to change. My Son has the same model and his turning off was cured by changing the battery straight away. There is a 2 year warranty on the electrical side so I am inside that so no charge. I see yours is possibly outside the warranty so try the clean & lube the battery contacts and make sure the battery is located properly before paying big bucks for Giant to sort out.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles