Giant reign 2022 frame cracking

Chris ledger

Aug 17, 2021
Rotherham
Just a note if giant replaced cracked frames with new ones and we had installed expensive protection film i bet giant would not refund the cost for the protection kit

Ride.dm123

May 22, 2022
North wales
Just a note if giant replaced cracked frames with new ones and we had installed expensive protection film i bet giant would not refund the cost for the protection kit
My bike shop said that they will invisframe it and pass the cost back to giant! I’m not paving for it it be done when this is Giants problem!

Spudley

Dec 16, 2021
New Zealand
Damn can’t wait for mine to crack so I can get that sweet green frame, looks way better than the grey
It will definitely add value to my bike as the black sparkling model was 9k new,
The forest green reign 0 was around 13k here in nz but only a handful came in.
Seeing as I've upgraded almost every component I'm thinking I'll get more for the bike when I sell it after the frame is replaced.
Effectively its better specced than the factory 0 so should be worth good resale value rather than looking like a hopped up cheaper model.
Silver linings👍.
I'm unsure why Endorium is so happy to get a replacement frame representing the cheapest in the range...... Let's see I suppose....

Endorium

Jan 29, 2022
Cannock
It will definitely add value to my bike as the black sparkling model was 9k new,
The forest green reign 0 was around 13k here in nz but only a handful came in.
Seeing as I've upgraded almost every component I'm thinking I'll get more for the bike when I sell it after the frame is replaced.
Effectively its better specced than the factory 0 so should be worth good resale value rather than looking like a hopped up cheaper model.
Silver linings👍.
I'm unsure why Endorium is so happy to get a replacement frame representing the cheapest in the range...... Let's see I suppose....
Because it's only a colour. I prefer the orange. Nothing on its standard. Spent around £5k upgrading everything. Just added a 2023 Zeb that just came out

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I was told 2 weeks for my replacement that was over a month ago. Its been over 7months altogether now I have been waiting. Would be great to see if anyone has theres yet

I'd be asking for money back as the bike is not fit for purpose and start looking at another brand..

Keeping in mind you originally posted you only rode it for two weeks from new and its been at the shop for 7 months now. Under NZ law you'd easily get your money back.

Last edited:

lewcando

Jun 18, 2022
New Zealand
I'd be asking for money back as the bike is not fit for purpose and start looking at another brand..

Keeping in mind you originally posted you only rode it for two weeks from new and its been at the shop for 7 months now. Under NZ law you'd easily get your money back.
haha wasnt even two weeks. 2 days. approx 10km on the bike then 7months in the shop

Spudley

Dec 16, 2021
New Zealand
My new frame is here.
Happy for now.

received_562630631996942.jpeg

Spudley

Dec 16, 2021
New Zealand
Sweet! Congrats, does it look any different at the place it cracked?
Had a close inspection and there doesn't seem to be any difference in. If the chit chat about filler is correct then it should not matter.
I'll sell it anyway as it's never going to be worth more than now with new frame and current model.

Acmac999

Dec 26, 2021
Australia
Had a close inspection and there doesn't seem to be any difference in. If the chit chat about filler is correct then it should not matter.
I'll sell it anyway as it's never going to be worth more than now with new frame and current model.
What are you going to replace it with?

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
Already replaced it with a norco range vlt c1.
Have given my comparison between both bikes already in this forum but wasn't recieved well by other forum members so I'll leave it at that.
How good is it that there are bikes different enough to suit people who are looking for different characteristics? Some categories are getting pretty uniform in their geo and dimensions, it comes down to suspension design to feel a difference. Ebikes are pretty diverse at the moment. Getting a test ride is the biggest challenge in making a decision.

Enjoy the Range, I'm sure it's great for what you're after!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles