Gen4 CX wont power on

eTrax

Oct 17, 2019
USA - West Coast
After my last charge I went to power up and the Kiosk 300 display flashes then comes up to this screen and powers off.
I checked all connections and disc/connect the battery.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Gen4 CX Race
Mini-Remote
Kiosk 300

20240124_190059.jpg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I might be wrong but are you checking that the display is completely docked, I ask this because I fitted my new stem the other day and my Kiox display did a similar thing, it turned out that it wasn’t fully pushed into the mount, might be worth just checking mate 👍

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I dont understand!! Kiox 300 is merely a slave screen working off a controller. you list a bove that you have a mini remote and Kiox 300.................neither is a controller..............so where is the controller. There are only 2 Bosch controllers for the Smart System................a LED Remote, or a "System controller" which is top tube mounted.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
After my last charge I went to power up and the Kiosk 300 display flashes then comes up to this screen and powers off.
I checked all connections and disc/connect the battery.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Gen4 CX Race
Mini-Remote
Kiosk 300

View attachment 133124
That's a crestline isn't it. Mine did that you will have water ingress behind the kiox and on your terminals mate.

eTrax

Oct 17, 2019
USA - West Coast
I dont understand!! Kiox 300 is merely a slave screen working off a controller. you list a bove that you have a mini remote and Kiox 300.................neither is a controller..............so where is the controller. There are only 2 Bosch controllers for the Smart System................a LED Remote, or a "System controller" which is top tube mounted.
On Crestline RS, controller is located bottom side of top tube.

eTrax

Oct 17, 2019
USA - West Coast
That's a crestline isn't it. Mine did that you will have water ingress behind the kiox and on your terminals mate.
This ended up being the issue. Some micro corrosion on battery plug.
I cleaned up connections and it started normally.
I let everything air out then resealed the kiox and cable entries.

Has been good for several rides now.

Last edited:

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
This ended up being the issue. Some micro corrosion on battery plug.
I cleaned up connections and it started normally.
I let everything air out then resealed the kiox and cable entries.

Has been good for several rides now.
Was it just doing it when charging on the side of the bike. Or the battery connection inside the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles