G'day from Tassie

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Hi all,

I'm from Tassie [Australia].

Registered so I can post up a review on my recent Dengfu purchase. I purchased a complete assembled bike, but it's dead on arrival.

Will post some more detail on that in another forum area however thought I would give the seller 48 hours to at least acknowledge my email detailing that issue and a couple of others - one major [doa], one medium [component substitution for a lower spec'd item without notification] and one trivial.

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Impressed already with your calm manner & self control ..
I would probably have engaged the services of a professional hit man by now ..?
Good luck in resolving your "issues"..

Yeah, I'm not impressed. I sent them an email which was timed to their work start time and no reply.

Sorely tempted to just do a PayPal disputed transaction and let them sort it out.

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of months. Rob's build inspired me to just order the complete bike.
I've read on some of the other topics where people have been trying to save a few dollars by doing bank transfers. Please don't.
Opportune time to warn potential buyers to use a credit card or PayPal so you have some level of protection.

Norange

Jul 29, 2018
Wiltshire
Been to Tassie only once. Definitely the best part of Australia that I've visited, so beautiful and full of friendly, relaxed people.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think there as a post in the dengfu discussion thread a few weeks ago where they couldn't get one to work, but there was a button you had to press somewhere ? behind the display ? Can't remember..

I take it the bike charges ok ?

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
I think there as a post in the dengfu discussion thread a few weeks ago where they couldn't get one to work, but there was a button you had to press somewhere ? behind the display ? Can't remember..

I take it the bike charges ok ?

There's a button on the frame next to the keyhole.

To the left of the display there are the mode buttons and under those a boost/power on button. Can't see a button on the back.

As far as I know the bike battery charges as the power adapter LED changes colour when plugged in - there is a power socket on the bike and if you take the battery out there is also a power socket on the battery. But as the display doesn't fire up, I can't see any details.

The Unofficial Luna X-1 Enduro Display Manual has been interesting reading for the display options.

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
There was some troubleshooting here which may help you, I've linked to where it begins.

You're awesome, thanks! I had read about the two cables having to be pushed in firmly, which I had done and triple checked.
But I read the linked topic and thought ok, I'll push the connector like I'm trying to push it through the other side and through the screen - and it works! That's the main thing, that it at least goes now. I wonder if they will reply in regard to the component substitution.

Hope I get some time to have a ride tomorrow - it's 10:15PM here and I have no lights so next day it is.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles