G'day from the Australia .

I have finally pulled the trigger on an Ebike , a Norco Sight VLT 2 followed me home last weekend , I have had a couple of short (1hr ) rides before work on Monday and Tuesday and I am quite impressed with the overall package so far .
I have been riding Mountain Bikes pretty much since before they were called mountain bikes , because here in Australia when I was a boy , you just rode your bike wherever you wanted to go and we almost always went out into the bush for our fun . It is well over 50 years since I first rode a bike on a dirt track . So I am no Green boy , more a Grey old grumpy Bastard ;). I have 3 other Dirt focused bicycles other than the Norco and enjoy riding each of them in their preferred environment , but I get the feeling the Norco will become my go to ride for a while , maybe quite a while :) .

Cheers
Alan

Gigs

May 24, 2019
Australia
Hi from Tassie. Get down here and ride Blue Derby if you havent already. Another ~90km of trails being opened in 6 months too! One new part is from Blue Tier down to St Helens. 45km ride made for ebikes yewwww

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Grumpy old Australians are everywhere, I am in Switzerland! For me the novelty hasn't worn off the EMTB but I have pulled my old Specialized Enduro out for a service and damn it feels different, fast and light. I have booked Livigno and Les Gets for a week each over summer so I need to get in shape for uplifts and keeping up with my boys. I admire Gary who can jump from one to the other but I still have a way to go to do this.

Swissrob

Sep 4, 2018
Switzerland
Hi from Tassie. Get down here and ride Blue Derby if you havent already. Another ~90km of trails being opened in 6 months too! One new part is from Blue Tier down to St Helens. 45km ride made for ebikes yewwww
If you are heading to Maydena my brother has a couple of B&B.s. in Westerway just down the road that sleep 6 or 8. Look for Blue Wren cottage on Facebook.

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I have the day off Friday , :unsure: tossing up between Awaba and Glenrock for my venue for the day .
I’m in Hawaii at the moment and not back till the following week but I’ll keep an eye out for your Norco in the coming weeks.
Seeing a few emtbs at Awaba lately which is encouraging. I’ve not ridden Glenrock yet. I’ll have to get out that way and have a look.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
That ride down to St Helens sounds sweet, I’d love to take my bike but it’ll be too much of a hassle so do you know if you can hire them?
By the way I’m in Alice Springs and have just bought a new Merida e160 900e

Gigs

May 24, 2019
Australia
That ride down to St Helens sounds sweet, I’d love to take my bike but it’ll be too much of a hassle so do you know if you can hire them?
By the way I’m in Alice Springs and have just bought a new Merida e160 900e

Yep heaps of eMTB options from Derby. MADMTB and Evolution hire them about $100-$120 a day. Merida and Trek options and they will be expanding their fleets for the St Helens epic ride.

craig landau

Dec 19, 2018
brisbane australia
g,day from brissy , hows everyone riding experience so far , i hear some people dont like ebikers, i have not heard anyone bag me out , maybe its because im big enough to punch their teeth out

Gigs

May 24, 2019
Australia
Can hardly wait for that new track to open. Was in Derby last week and emtbs eat the place up. The flow uphill is awesome and being able to ride to the top of Atlas instead of using shuttles is so freeing. What a place!

Do you live in Tassie? We should hook up for a ride. I am near Hobart.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Carn the blues!

I'm in Brisbane and never had anyone say a bad word. I get a couple of looks but I think that's just human nature of people checking out what others have.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles