Fuel EXe Fuel EXe TQ Motor Issue Poll

Have you had issues that resulted in repairs being needed or affected performance in general?

• Total voters

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Motor failed (lost all drive) at about 400 miles, was replaced under warranty no probs, replacement motor has been fine

Chris83

Oct 20, 2023
Syracuse ny
9.7 model After 6 months started getting grinding noise in motor shop warranty it, on first ride with new motor noticed now there is less power than the old motor. I have to use full power to really feel any kind of assistance. I’ve had many problems with this bike. Had to warranty both wheels due to clicking noise , the rear end was harsh and noisy over bumps they set rear shock to fox for the updated piston and with a complete overhaul. The display stopped working and motor started to be noisy. So after all this within a year, trek decided to send me a new fuel exe and will swap all my upgrades over at no charge. This time I got it in pennyflake I wanted yellow but don’t make them anymore. We shall see how this one turns out

Emailsucks98

Nov 12, 2020
Bellingham Wa
1yr+ review:
Overheated the motor a few times resulting in momentary reduction of power- no big deal
Remote died at 12 months, replaced under warranty
Replaced cranks, stock e13s were coming loose frequently
Frame & pivots still quiet
Replaced most stock parts due to personal preference
One failed rear carbon rim (warranty)
One failed King freehub (warranty)
GX AXS derailer, failed at 3 months (hit a stump) no warranty. Back to cables for me!

12/04 update. Ohlins shock was making knocking sounds, have been gradually turning in the clickers to get the same damping. I sent in for service, Ohlins said there was internal damage to the IFP and replacement parts are 8-12 weeks out :(

Last edited:

Chris83

Oct 20, 2023
Syracuse ny
9.7 model After 6 months started getting grinding noise in motor shop warranty it, on first ride with new motor noticed now there is less power than the old motor. I have to use full power to really feel any kind of assistance. I’ve had many problems with this bike. Had to warranty both wheels due to clicking noise , the rear end was harsh and noisy over bumps they set rear shock to fox for the updated piston and with a complete overhaul. The display stopped working and motor started to be noisy. So after all this within a year, trek decided to send me a new fuel exe and will swap all my upgrades over at no charge. This time I got it in pennyflake I wanted yellow but don’t make them anymore. We shall see how this one turns out
So trek said after all the problems they would just send me a whole new exe 9.7 I told them I can’t trust the motor I asked if they could send me a rail 9.8 Xt and they did! Its more fun and I enjoy it so far

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Just over 3,000kms and no problems. Well, in some seriously extreme weather, water entered the remote and the bike shut down. Trek sent a new remote, but I simply dried the old one, blocked the port where the water got in, and it's been good as gold ever since (plus, I now have a brand new spare remote!). I do get the odd weird noise from the motor, kind of feels like it over-runs at low cadence and speed, when not under a high load. Other than that though, it's as quite as it was on day one! Genuinely love this bike to bits, just so, SO fun to ride!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles