Frame suspension bearing size ?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Hi to all Great Whyte owners out there. I’m trying to identify the bearing size for the 10 frame bearings on my Whyte E-150RS.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Are you the original owner? Bearings are covered by warranty for the original purchaser.
Otherwise, it’s a case of finding the easiest one to uncover and see if there’s a code on the seal ring. £13 each from Whyte seems a bit steep.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
Are you the original owner? Bearings are covered by warranty for the original purchaser.
Otherwise, it’s a case of finding the easiest one to uncover and see if there’s a code on the seal ring. £13 each from Whyte seems a bit steep.

Yes I am, you’re right about the bearings warranty wise but there’s still the cost of labour to consider.
I like to faff on with the bike myself and replacing the bearings doesn’t look like a very technical job…..
Cheers and thanks.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
I’ve done a bit of digging….
WB0025 are the part number for the frame and pivot bearings, when I googled that number, MAX 3802-LLU Enduro bearing are the manf spec with size 15mm(inner dia)x24mm( outer dia)x7mm(thickness).
£13 seems expensive but when I’ve looked to price match other bearing supply site’s I’ve viewed prices are between £6 and £8 more expensive.
Only eBay can supply a complete set of the 10 bearings for £70 but can the quality be guaranteed

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
Understand what you mean about doing it yourself, but I reckon labour would be less than the eBay £70 bearings. Plus, only takes one badly removed bearings to ruin a frame.
Also, from what I understand the MAX part means they are stuffed with the max number of balls possible. Bad for fast spinning bearings like hubs but good for slow moving high loads like pivots. Any guarantee the eBay ones are MAX filled and not just the correct size.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
I’ve just had the pivot bearings replaced by the shop where I bought the bike under warranty and they charged £40, so to change all the frame bearings that labour cost would naturally increase. I agree with your comment on “ one badly removed/replaced bearing” causing damage…….definitely food for thought.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles