Hope Pick’n’mix headset bearings

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I have been looking at fitting new headset bearings and as I’m a bit of a Hope tart I naturally looked at the Hope headsets, I just wondered if anyone has fitted any of these on their e150s/rs but more specifically the Pick ‘n’ Mix range, and was it a straight forward upgrade

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
If anyone is interested in getting some of these bearing kits for their bike from Hope, the ones I was told to get from Hope are the (upper)44mm HSC2 and the (lower) 56mm HSCE kits, you will need a cup removal tool and a bearing cup press, these are what Hope told me to buy, check first and don't blame me if its wrong, if its wrong for you, its wrong for me as I've bought these kits too ;)

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have been looking at fitting new headset bearings and as I’m a bit of a Hope tart I naturally looked at the Hope headsets, I just wondered if anyone has fitted any of these on their e150s/rs but more specifically the Pick ‘n’ Mix range, and was it a straight forward upgrade
well if they are wrong I suspect the bearings on the 150RS are the same as the E180RS ( 2020) and they are TM MRO 40 and TM MRO 19 ( 1 1/8 and 1.5 respectively). There really are only a few differences between bearings...reflected in price. first there is the ABEC rating ( accuracy of the ball bearing diameter) and the material used....steel/stainless steel/ceramic. All are a vailable from most Bearing Outlets. I use Enduro bearings everywhere on the bike.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
well if they are wrong I suspect the bearings on the 150RS are the same as the E180RS ( 2020) and they are TM MRO 40 and TM MRO 19 ( 1 1/8 and 1.5 respectively). There really are only a few differences between bearings...reflected in price. first there is the ABEC rating ( accuracy of the ball bearing diameter) and the material used....steel/stainless steel/ceramic. All are a vailable from most Bearing Outlets. I use Enduro bearings everywhere on the bike.
Sorry Mike, I missed your reply mate, thanks for adding this info, not everyone is a Hope tart and will undoubtedly find the info helpful if they need other than Hope bearings 🙏😉

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
In reality they only need to have good seals. The only time they will ever do a full rotation is when you feck up 🤣

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
In reality they only need to have good seals. The only time they will ever do a full rotation is when you feck up 🤣
Shit, they'll be working overtime on my bike then pal :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: i've checked out the Hope headsets I have and they seem to have good seals, I know Hope seem to over engineer things but only for the good, I ride mainly in the Peak District so they'll need to have good seals;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles