Bearing press/puller for 2020 e150rs V1

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Has anyone done a frame bearing change yet, I need a press/puller kit, my bike is almost 3 years old and I’m almost certain that it’s the bearings that’s making some noise when I ride, sorry bit off track there, I don’t know what size press/puller I need and just wondered if anyone knows what size they are please

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I can’t believe that no one has ever fitted new bearings in their bike before, oh well I’ll find another way I suppose 😁

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Bit late but...

You need the extractor and a bearing press.
for the bearings check if they recess into the frame a few milimetres, if they do you also need Press Extensions

BTW are you the original owner of the Bike? cos the Whyte pivot bearings have a lifetime warranty (y) but only for the person who bought the bike.

Details below from the Whyte Website.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks for your reply Ark, yep I’m the original owner of my bike but I’ve heard that some people have been taking their bikes to LBS to get the bearings replaced under the lifetime warranty and getting cheap inferior bearings fitted, the bearings I’ve got are abec 3 full compliment ones that are supposed to be OEM spec, the press/puller kit was £37 and the brass drift (for the main pivot bearings) was only £7, plus the experience I’m going to gain from doing the job sort of makes up for outlay of the materials but I’m grateful for you letting me know though mate 😉 and many thanks for the link too, I did another post regarding this and someone else sent me the same link but I wasn’t aware of the extension part, just ordered it, cheers mate 🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: Ark

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Might be worth just using the contact us link on the Whyte website and explaining you already have the tools needed, you've done it on previous bikes and you've heard bad stories from bike forums of peoples LBS fitting inferior bearings.
Maybe they would just send you a set out 🙏
The Yorkshire bike mechanic has videos of doing it for other bikes, the process is pretty much the same right.
Accept he uses less amateur friendly tools to get the bearings in and out, where as the ones I linked above are almost idiot proof
The actual trek bearings are better than arbec3/5 I think, they have a special coating etc applied to them, probably the reason they have a lifetime warranty for the owner.

11quid each from the Whyte website though and I think you need 10 🤯

Last edited:

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Much appreciated for the video link and suggestions Ark but I already have the bearings too, I bought them first from a trusted seller on eBay, £80 for 10 bearings but they are OEM bearings, even if they last a couple of years I’ll be happy, the ones in my bike are 3 years old and only just starting to creak and that’s mostly in the Peak District in all weathers too 😉

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles