Fox Float to fit 2017 Tubo Levo?

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
I there all
Apologies if this topic has already been covered:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Has anyone on here fitted a Fox Float DPS / X2 / DPSX2 to a 2017 large frame Turbo Levo
If so what was the part number
Were there any modifications required to fit it and if so what were they
Did you notice a big difference in the ride quality
Thanks in advance;);)

krisrayner

May 20, 2019
California
If you want to run Fox then you’ll need to pick up a Bike Yoke replacement shock link that will allow you to run any 190x50 shock. I have a DPX2 in that size and currently running a custom sized DHX2 coil shock.

Or, you skip all that and go with something like the DVO Topaz shock that is available in the stock length and matches the Specialized mounting.

I’m considering swapping away from Fox and trying the DVO stuff, easy to custom tune and service without all the special tools needed for Fox. But DVO can tune it for you before shipping it out. If your a heavier rider like me, you’ll appreciate a properly tuned shock. Night and day. I tried to get Fox to retune my DPX2 and they weren’t very helpful. The DHX2 is a great shock, but I’m maxing it out with a 700# spring partly due to the high leverage rate of the Levo (ran 500# spring on a YT Jeffsy I had). That’s why I’m looking at DVO

XL frame but I JUST fit a water bottle with a reservoir shock. Just installed a small Fidlock bottle system and it works much better

9C25C276-47BC-4145-A670-F73C1821F3F5.jpeg

FEF038A8-8E11-445B-AC47-5424D5BA605D.jpeg

Last edited:

Jono967

Apr 4, 2019
Victoria Australia
If you want to run Fox then you’ll need to pick up a Bike Yoke replacement shock link that will allow you to run any 190x50 shock. I have a DPX2 in that size and currently running a custom sized DHX2 coil shock.

Or, you skip all that and go with something like the DVO Topaz shock that is available in the stock length and matches the Specialized mounting.

I’m considering swapping away from Fox and trying the DVO stuff, easy to custom tune and service without all the special tools needed for Fox. But DVO can tune it for you before shipping it out. If your a heavier rider like me, you’ll appreciate a properly tuned shock. Night and day. I tried to get Fox to retune my DPX2 and they weren’t very helpful. The DHX2 is a great shock, but I’m maxing it out with a 700# spring partly due to the high leverage rate of the Levo (ran 500# spring on a YT Jeffsy I had). That’s why I’m looking at DVO

XL frame but I JUST fit a water bottle with a reservoir shock. Just installed a small Fidlock bottle system and it works much better

View attachment 22505
View attachment 22506
Thank you so much for the information
I’ll check out the dvo topas
Do you know the size I require or part number by any chance?

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles