Product Image:
CE33C59C-74D8-4A73-8EAF-B23AFE4FBACE.png

FF505BBC-0361-40FA-81D3-315F394AA82C.png

D25E67B3-EDEE-45D0-9053-7F153CB65E39.png

Product name: Fox Defend Thermo Hooded Jersey
Price paid: £114.99 (-10% discount)
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: Very basic review -
Hood is great, nice fit and comfy fleece material. I’m a fanny when it comes to the cold, I hate it when my tits get cold so will use it with a light gilet in winter. Cheeky pocket on the back flap. The whole top is really comfy next to the skin, nice stretchy fleece material but so it should be given the cost. Not sure it’s worth the full RRP though hence the score.
The hood is why I bought it though and I’m very happy with it ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If I'd not seen @Rob Rides EMTB wearing it in a video I would have instantly discounted it as insane.

The pictures don't do it justice. The arms look like they're made from weed barrier ! :)

The description on the fox site describes it as :

AN ABRASION-RESISTANT MID-LAYER DESIGNED FOR BREATHABLE NEXT-TO-SKIN INSULATION

Makes it sound like some kevlar super suit ??

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
If I'd not seen @Rob Rides EMTB wearing it in a video I would have instantly discounted it as insane.

The pictures don't do it justice. The arms look like they're made from weed barrier ! :)

The description on the fox site describes it as :

AN ABRASION-RESISTANT MID-LAYER DESIGNED FOR BREATHABLE NEXT-TO-SKIN INSULATION

Makes it sound like some kevlar super suit ??

yeah the arms have more outer protection on them, but other than that it’s just a fancy fleece with a (very snug,warm and comfy) hood.
Should be able to deal with a few twigs

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I just ordered the 2021 version here in NZ, Paid $144 NZD (£74) for our upcoming winter season. I have a fox windproof jacket for the downs but hate being too hot on the climbs. Hopefully the thermo hoodie takes care of that.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
I just ordered the 2021 version here in NZ, Paid $144 NZD (£74) for our upcoming winter season. I have a fox windproof jacket for the downs but hate being too hot on the climbs. Hopefully the thermo hoodie takes care of that.
Ok update time. Now our weather is getting colder Ive had the chance to ride with this a few more times now.

I love it, windproof and warm. Doesn't get too hot on the climbs and very warm on the way down. I rode last night for an hour with just this on in 12c temps and it was perfect. Any colder and I'd use a merino baselayer with a windproof/waterproof jacket depending on conditions.

The polartec fabric really is brilliant, very much recommended. 10/10

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
I have had mine for a couple years now. Best hoodie I have ever used in the cold. Excellent quality. The hoodie part is thinner than normal hoodies and the zipper helps also. You can use the hoodie under your helmet (also as a face cover) and still have a great fit for the helmet. I was skeptical because of the price, but it's worth every penny.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles