JP-NZ

Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Product Image:
Fox Vest.JPG

Product name: Fox Ranger Windbloc Fire Vest
Price paid: £65
Score (out of 10): 8

Review: I picked this up on a sale as I was looking for a winter only vest. The windbloc vest is well made and constructed typical of Fox clothing.

It is very warm, almost too warm for majority of riding above 10c. On days the windchill gets down below 10c though this is exceptionally warm. Has polartec fabric on the shoulders and lower back.

Has a light puff/insulated feel to it, overall though it is very light. It doesn't pack down very small though due to the insulation. It has two internal mesh pockets and two front zippered hand pockets.

Only giving it an 8/10 as I thought it maybe more verstaile (I do wear it casually though to make better use of it) It really is a winter only option though.

RRP is £149 (NZD $279) I wouldn't pay that much unless I lived somewhere very cold.

Eliadn

Jul 25, 2022
Croatia
Yeah that would make sense I guess. I don't have the pads, but I need to have long sleeve jersey on top of long sleeve merino base layer and a jacket..Tried once with just short sleeve jersey but arms were very cold.

JP-NZ

Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Yeah that would make sense I guess. I don't have the pads, but I need to have long sleeve jersey on top of long sleeve merino base layer and a jacket..Tried once with just short sleeve jersey but arms were very cold.
Sounds like you ride in very cold temperatures then? As mentioned I believe this would be good in single figure centigrade temps.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles