Fixing the dropper post sealing ring?

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
Hey, just found my wu seat post sealing ring like that and tried to fumble it back in without using any tools... but no luck. How do i do that the proper way?

D68D9805-C258-42E4-AA6B-1360A1D335E6.jpeg

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Lift the expanding ring off....use a zip tie pointed end to gently get behind the seal and lubricate with a light spray lube. Use zip tie to loop around the section that popped out....gently push that section down bit by bit starting at the closest end to where the seal is fully seated. It may help to gradually push the post down at the same time. If that fails it will have to be dissembled

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I forgot to post an update, so here it goes...
Brought the bike to my lbs and they managed to fumble it back in. Got told if it happens again they have to send it to specialized.

Well it lasted for a while, i’ve lubed the seal before and after every ride - but last week it popped out completely, just noticed when i was back home.

So the dropper post is now at my lbs, they will send it to specialized for warranty. Means i’m without a seatpost for 2-3 weeks ?. They wanted to lend me a non-dropper post for the meantime but WTF, have you ever ridden a Kenevo without a dropper post? That’s deadly and stupid! I prefer to ride my non-E bike in the meantime.

I still have warranty so all should be fine, but that stupid seal will surely come out again. I don’t trust it.

I have two older bikes with dropper posts, my wife has one too, friends do, and never had an issue with those seals, something is weird in this WU dropper post...

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles