Levo Gen 2 Command Post dropper

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Has anyone else found that their Specialized Command Post dropper is sticky? - ie its not smooth when first starting to move. Mine is jerky and you have to give it a shove to get it moving. Its a 2020 Levo Expert.

Are they all just crap or is there something I can do to make it buttery smooth like a freshly made french dessert? (Or a rockshox reverb)

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
with 70+ psi mine is ok, I fork juice it often. I do need to buy a 26mm (i think ) spanner to take the top off & lube it though.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I thought 20 PSI was the limit!
I did the six-month service on mine recently (five years after I bought the bike). The grease in there was a bit gunky, so cleaning it up made things a lot smoother. I replaced the cable as well, but that's damned fiddly to get the length right. (tip: shove something down the seat tube to avoid losing the grub screw down there)
Video for the service:
I just needed to buy the appropriate grease and a strap wrench.
Video for the "one-year service" for completeness:

Paceman

Jul 8, 2019
Brighton
The original version was 20psi max, the newer one is 60psi recommended and 100psi max. Fork Juice or similar silicon spray lube helps keep a Command Post smooth in my experience.

basement5

Feb 6, 2020
NZ
i had same problem. ie ok thru the notches, but extremely sticky on that initial free stroke part. lubed it with suspension grease, but no good. Specialized NZ then serviced it under warranty, but was still the same. Sent back to Specialized NZ who replaced it under warranty. New one is all good.

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
i had same problem. ie ok thru the notches, but extremely sticky on that initial free stroke part. lubed it with suspension grease, but no good. Specialized NZ then serviced it under warranty, but was still the same. Sent back to Specialized NZ who replaced it under warranty. New one is all good.
Thanks mate, my bike is still under warranty aswell so fingers crossed ?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I thought the ~20psi Command Post was quite good, came with my 2016 Stumpy. Never had issues with it.

I hated the newer ~100psi Command Post that came on my 2019 Levo. It literally would not release if I was sitting on it. Maybe they revised it to make it better?

My LBS was kind enough to give me credit for it and I replaced with a BikeYoke Revive. Works much better and increased travel to 185mm as a bonus.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
According to the Levo Comp spec on Specialized's website, it's an x-Fusion Maniac

1600341358850.png

You don't see a valve on it as it uses a cartridge, which should be replaced every year. Looks like a right pain.

Last edited:

TrackRat

May 26, 2020
SchnellerGT981
Mine has definitely lost its ‘snap’ on my 2019 Expert. Used to rocket straight up like a gun shot. Now it’s a bit slow to release and drags in a few spots. Already boosted pressure to ~ 80

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles