Levo Gen 2 Command post problems.

mazukea

Feb 1, 2020
Hawaii
My post started doing this too. It seems like it only operates properly in the upper positions, but it wont lock into any position on the lower half. I was just about to contact my LBS to see if its a common problem.

MTBGUY65

Nov 15, 2018
Oregon
I have a 2019 Turbo Levo Expert and my command post is starting to slip down all the way when I put weight on it on the incremental settings. My question is does this sound like something that should go back to be serviced or is there any adjustments.
Secondly, I have another command post but I am unsure how to remove the existing one so I can connect the spare.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone know if the Specialized command post is covered on the warranty?

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I have a 2019 Turbo Levo Expert and my command post is starting to slip down all the way when I put weight on it on the incremental settings. My question is does this sound like something that should go back to be serviced or is there any adjustments.
Secondly, I have another command post but I am unsure how to remove the existing one so I can connect the spare.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone know if the Specialized command post is covered on the warranty?

I've recently had to work on my IRCC on my 2016 Stumpy. Works great now. The problem at the end was it simply needed a quick service as the internal grease had become gunky after 5 years. Not too difficult. The issue is more in the setup when reinstalling. I got through a couple of cables before I got it right (and worked out how to use the barrel adjuster!)

Getting the length and tension correct is absolutely crucial. If you are sinking, it could be that there is too much tension on the cable. If this is so, try lengthening your cable a bit by turning your barrel adjuster away from the max position, i.e. make it shorter.

Three links that may be helpful:
- The manual I used: https://nuxx.net/files/bicycle/specialized/0000048567.pdf
- Video for the six-month service (what I did): - Video for the 1-year service (not brave enough):
Pro tip: if you do open things up and need to take off the mini cable barrel (the little cylindrical part that attaches the cable to the post lever), stuff a tissue down your down tube. You really, really don't want to be trying to get a tiny grub screw out from there!

1598432914355.png

McInner1

Subscriber
Jun 8, 2019
Austria
My command post dropper won't allow any use of the first ten centimetres. Other than the lowest part . It just won't lock in place and goes down or up . Thoughts please .
That‘s normal with Spesh dropper post. Therefore it was the first thing I replaced with a steplessly adjustable one.
55E6E34C-AB01-48BD-B741-10303A8BEFB5.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles