• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered First aid kit

Rawry

Nov 27, 2018
Cleveland
I don't know if there is a thread about this but can any one recommend a good first aid kit to carry while out on the bike? Cheers

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
I’ve got a couple of these for various activities:
Mini First Aid Kit, 92 Pieces Small First Aid Kit - Includes Emergency Foil Blanket, CPR Respirator, Scissors for Travel, Home, Office, Vehicle, Camping, Workplace & Outdoor (Red)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I’ve got a couple of these for various activities:
Mini First Aid Kit, 92 Pieces Small First Aid Kit - Includes Emergency Foil Blanket, CPR Respirator, Scissors for Travel, Home, Office, Vehicle, Camping, Workplace & Outdoor (Red)

Your link isn't working for me.. I think with amazon links you normally have to remove the http bla bla bla before hand or the forum try's to convert it to a media image.

www.amazon.co.uk/Mini-First-Aid-Pieces-Small/dp/B0746GHQ2N/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=B0746GHQ2N&qid=1587047161&sr=8-1

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Ah, yeah, good spot. That’s the one anyway.

Does clicking on the little thumbnail not take you through to Amazon? Does for me... ?‍♂️

I just get a greyed out block with the Square sad face failed link. Clicking on that doesn't' do anything. Might be because I'm in a different country location, or might be because you made the link, so it works for you. Checking the page code I can see what you tried to link to, hence I found the right item.

So if I did the amazon link with http, it looks like this :

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It doesn't for me.
Most likely is that your Mrs signed up for the "No Temptation" option ?

When you first go on the forum it downloads cookies which search for other users of the same PC or wifi node. An algorithm then works out if they might be your parter or not and mails them the option to subscribe to "No temptation". It's €20 a month, but removes or corrupts most links to things for sale, shiny things or naked things. Most of the time it removes whole threads. Most blokes who's Mrs's have taken out the "No Temptation" option only see about 10% of the actual Forum activity.

On the plus side, it pretty much covers most of the forums operating costs.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
I'm a coach on a high school mtb racing team .... well, until Covid shut it all down ....... but I am now in the habit of carrying this kit all the time.

I've supplemented and tweaked the contents a bit....
I carry a SAM splint, a space blanket, cravat bandage, etc.

I needed to do a two day wilderness first aid class which was a good investment

I have helped a few people now who've gotten in over their head and crashed :eek:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Don't forget that calling 999 in the UK is worth a try, even if you have no signal, as your phone will search for any carriers signal to connect the call.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles