• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered Sram bleeding edge kit

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
So long as your Level T brakeset has the bleeding edge caliper nipples/ports I can't see it being an issue buying a cheaper non SRAM kit.

Reactions: iXi

YrianX

Patreon
Sep 14, 2019
Norway
I currently own that one and have used the expensive original sram kit with the fancy hard plastic syringes as well. Both work and do the job, sram version is more sturdy and feels much more premium, but I guess it's the end result that count, right? Both result in bled brakes when used correctly.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
I do think the bleed edge does make it slightly easier to bleed but it did annoy me when I needed to bleed my codes to find that the bleed edge tool you get with the reverb 1x dropper is different.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Re Bleed kits I think you get what you pay for. I have seen a number of reports for cheaper kits that they work first time...6 months later when you want to do another bleed the syringes are shot!

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
I bought the epic bleed solutions multi kit because I have sram,Shimano,Magura and Rockshox to service on our bikes at home,then because I had the kit riding buddies started sniffing for some brake love,think my kit has done over 12 brake bleeds,3 1x reverb conversions and one standard reverb dropper installation and still going strong.....hopefully!?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles