• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Yet another compatibility question

tego

Apr 16, 2022
Austria
Hey everyone,

I'm a pretty decent home mechanic, but very new to the e-bike world. I bought a conversion kit off eBay recently without really doing my homework beforehand. The battery pack it came with doesn't inspire any confidence now that I've read more about them, so I'd like to return it and buy a better, safer one with cells made by a reputable manufacturer.

This is the one I'd like to get (48V 13.8Ah). It comes with either Sanyo/Panasonic NCR18650GA or Samsung 1865035E cells.

Kit information:
  • Bafang 48V 500W rear-hub motor.
  • No-name 48V 17.5Ah battery, with Luhua 18650 2500mAh cells and XT60 connector.
  • I know nothing about the controller, but here's a photo of the front plate, I'm sure you'll understand the numbers better than I do.
Am I right in assuming I can purchase the battery I linked above, together with an Anderson PowerPole to XT60 adapter, and simply switch the batteries? Or am I missing some compatibility issue? I would of course also buy the dedicated charger and mounting hardware.

Thanks a lot!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles