Fat fouk

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Just got mail with latest info from Emtb regarding weight restrictions. Won't argue the technical details but nobody asked my weight before i forked out a lot of money for a Levo expert. Reading all the terms and conditions regarding warranty claims they were quoting makes me wonder , or is it just social media winding acunt up again by the looks of it. But great forum otherwise.

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I think all MTB warranties come with a weight and usage restriction, i.e. don't ride a bike it is dangerous! They are just covering themselves incase you decide to jump off something 20 metres high.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
If your over 100kgs I would think an ebike warranty is the last thing you should be concerned about.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Oh, sorry - you wern't looking for a fat fouk. you were looking for advice.

Not sure of Specialized but Trek has a 136kg (bike & rider) limit. Nothing was quoted by my Scott dealer or my Speshy dealer when I bought those.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I think all MTB warranties come with a weight and usage restriction, i.e. don't ride a bike it is dangerous! They are just covering themselves incase you decide to jump off something 20 metres high.
Only been at it since 86 broke two frames right enough but never heard any of this Magumba till Ebikes came on the go.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere

Not the smartest statement fella, 100k doesn’t mean fat or over weight?

Now now calm down people, I never said anything about being fat.
Just said there would be more concerning issues than an ebike warranty.
More weight brings more health issues, to me that is more concerning. Unless of course you are over 6”5 then you’re probably just constipated.

?

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
More weight brings more health issues, to me that is more concerning. Unless of course they are over 6”5 then your probably just constipated.

?
Yes this post started as a bit of a wind up but as you can see Christine it can get carried away by the more serious. Remember stay off the mince pies. Forums love to hate them .

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Yes this post started as a bit of a wind up but as you can see Christine it can get carried away by the more serious. Remember stay off the mince pies. Forums love to hate them .
Yeah too many touchy people.
There is literally a weight warning on the bike and I’m the bad person for suggesting there are other more concerning issues.

This is why the world is doomed!

Last edited:

MitchF

E*POWAH Elite
Jun 1, 2019
Mirokumk38
More weight brings more health issues, to me that is more concerning. Unless of course you are over 6”5 then you’re probably just constipated.

?

Back pedalling a bit there doctor ??

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Hey @Christian

I reckon you'll enjoy this

skip to 3:22 if you're time shy or just short of attention span ;)
Over the years I've offended people in many ways - unintentionally mostly. Conclusion: if it's really necessary to offend, comedy that doesn't escalate is best.

Back to the question, the Kenevo should be codenamed the Fat Bastard because it can handle (almost) anyone.
Weight limits.jpg

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Over the years I've offended people in many ways - unintentionally mostly. Conclusion: if it's really necessary to offend, comedy that doesn't escalate is best.

Back to the question, the Kenevo should be codenamed the Fat Bastard because it can handle (almost) anyone. View attachment 21300

I thought I was using comedy in my original post but I guess Specialized raising the weight limit is funny enough.

I apologise to all the calorie challenged people, I wasn’t having a dig, just merely pointing out more important issues.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I weight 5kg more than a 100kg
I’m not fat, I’m just big boned (lies)
I ride a Specialized Turbo Levo alloy frame
I have broken lots of stuff on it
I’m not offended, I’m just sad ?

and good for you. I have nothing against the “big boned”, it’s a lifestyle choice. Just don’t eat my food and we’ll be fine.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Pisser, I’ll have to watch more of him!
He’s 100% right though. PC bullshit.
He's also a lot funnier not on *family friendly * "live at the apollo" there's a couple of his full length sets from a few years back (2010/12ish) on YouTube where he is far more brutal. (still right and still honest)..

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Sounds good I’ll check it out. I love people that call that shit out, probably why I find you entertaining!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Xalircalorie challenged? You have a way with words hey
Thank you kind Sir
Wfsrswhat's wrong with being over 100kgs??
There’s nothing “wrong” as such but I hear on the rumour mill that there’s all sorts of medical conditions that come along with being a little on the heavy side.
Would you like to start a discussion about the pros and cons of being a little larger or are you happy to just move on with more bike related information?

Macone

E*POWAH Master
Oct 28, 2018
Wellington New Zealand
Thank you kind Sir

There’s nothing “wrong” as such but I hear on the rumour mill that there’s all sorts of medical conditions that come along with being a little on the heavy side.
Would you like to start a discussion about the pros and cons of being a little larger or are you happy to just move on with more bike related information?
Thats a hell of a generalisation. you may want to discuss it with people like "the rock". He probably thinks you are puny and unhealthy or..... he may just be more broad minded(polite) than that.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Thats a hell of a generalisation. you may want to discuss it with people like "the rock". He probably thinks you are puny and unhealthy or..... he may just be more broad minded(polite) than that.
Yes it is and the Rock is a steroid junkie so once again medical problems.
I assure you I am very healthy and polite.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Also in case the Rock is listening, I am not dissing you. I think you are a legend steroids and all!
FYI the Kenevo can take your weight!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles