Fat for Snow ⛄️

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Hey Rick I totally agree with you and yes I would be breaking trail at least 75% of the time so an all wheel drive would be terrific ! I went to the christini site and viewed their offerings and watched the videos, I was impressed for sure ! Then I hunted down their full suspension bike and …. It’s only got 27.5x2.8 ers for tires !! What the ?! Rats not going to cut it … 😱

You most definitely do NOT need a full suspension fat bike for winter riding. If it was going to be your all-year bike, maybe, but remember you have 4-5" of tire!

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
You most definitely do NOT need a full suspension fat bike for winter riding. If it was going to be your all-year bike, maybe, but remember you have 4-5" of tire!
Rick your right but, I don’t want a dedicated snow bike. I’m wanting to use the bike year round so in Summer I would change out the wheels and tires. I have done the hardtail out here and it just beats the crap out of me. I agree about the suspension If snow was all I used it for but that’s not the case.

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
... still really haven’t made a solid decision as yet. TBH I dont think any mainstream companies Or obscure ones make what I believe would be the ideal bike as yet.
Here’s what I believe to be my biggest requirements. (1) Riding distance per charge being number one . (2) I also want to be able to legally ride on the street since I’m only 5 minutes away from the wilderness. (3) I want to be able to ride in Mt. Parks without getting into trouble, no e motorcycles unfortunately. ... So I think a sleeper fatty might be ok, I’m talking about a bike with lots of power when needed. There are a number of companies that offer the Bafang 620 or Brose that can be highly modified for performance. ... To be honest every fatty I have seen or sat on feel like a big boat and most are 70+ lbs and obscure companies. So out of the 10-20 fatties I’ve looked at the motor is either a Bafang or Brose(1000w) The frame’s are either aluminum or full/partial carbon fibre. For a powerful/heavy ebike I tend to shy away from plastic.
You might want to keep an eye on this thread, for a full suspension (maybe even lower than) 25kg carbon fatbike build, with good fuel economy.

There is also the full sus Maxx Huraxdax ELS from Gemany, but it is the most pricey one of all of those bikes.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
You might want to keep an eye on this thread, for a full suspension (maybe even lower than) 25kg carbon fatbike build, with good fuel economy.

There is also the full sus Maxx Huraxdax ELS from Gemany, but it is the most pricey one of all of those bikes.
Thanks El Topo for the info, I read the entire thread and went and looked at the Maxx Huraxdax , aside from the price it has an Shimano Ep motor which I would rather stay away from. I have looked at a lot of fatty Bike Manufacturers that I didn’t even know existed, but the majority are Chinese offerings.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Well guys I’m overwhelmed with fat stuff and still find myself wanting. Out of everything I was recommended to look at plus my own searches revealed two bikes that stood above the rest. My first choice based totally on snow performance is the Christini mentioned by RickBullotta AWD FAT E-4 ULTRA MID DRIVE - Christini AWD Bicycles
The snow performance on the two wheel drive is staggering to say the least !! But the further I dug into it the more deal breakers appeared. Without getting into it , the second bike is from some obscure Canadian company based out of Saskatoon Saskatchewan, called Biktrix . For a company who started out 10 years ago there’s little about them on the boards. There are utube rides n reviews but nothing really mainstream. At any rate these guys have come up with an interesting solution to the chain and cassette issues that are appearing with high power/torque motors. Namely bike chains and cassettes were never designed for anything other then human power causing blown chains and sprockets. Apparently it’s not a new idea, I get that but it’s kinda weird. They do have another more conventional bike but it kinda looks like it would be a tank. Have a look at these two and see what you think.

Last edited:

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I rode a Biktrix when I first thought of getting back into biking. It.. feels like you are not riding a mountain bike but rather some weird hacked together thing. The geo feels so off, and the weight is all wrong. It would be fine if you are sticking to only sidewalks but on anything more and it feels like it is going to fall apart. If you look at who they are marketing to it is the 65+ crew who have disposable income and are only going to use it to cruise around town. I really wanted to like it but so glad I went with a mountain bike brand.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
I rode a Biktrix when I first thought of getting back into biking. It.. feels like you are not riding a mountain bike but rather some weird hacked together thing. The geo feels so off, and the weight is all wrong. It would be fine if you are sticking to only sidewalks but on anything more and it feels like it is going to fall apart. If you look at who they are marketing to it is the 65+ crew who have disposable income and are only going to use it to cruise around town. I really wanted to like it but so glad I went with a mountain bike brand.
JeepingNet you have just confirmed what I was already thinking, thanks that’s another one off the list.
So I’m still looking and have narrowed down my list of wants/needs
1) 26” x either 4 or 4.8 studded snows
2) Full suspension
3) BIG battery
4) upgradable and programmable motor (bafang 620?)
5) class 3 sleeper 😉
6) Road/mt legal
7) not a Chinese knock off
8) available parts and tech info
9) available within the next month or so.
That’s all I can think of for now, I have search-a-tubeafobia and am seriously still hunting. Keep the great suggestions coming I Really do appreciate it ! 😎

Last edited:

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
Keep the great suggestions coming I Really do appreciate it !
I can't comment on the legality of motor systems where you live, but I researched quite a bit about the state of real (as in not Biktrix, etc.) full suspension fat MTB options:

You could look at the Winnice E56, if you want a complete build. Runs 26x4.8" tires and has a Bafang M620 motor. Very good choice IMHO. I would get a different fork though, I don't know anything about the one being put on the bike, but is no Manitou Mastodon, which is the most popular fat bike fork by a big margin. If you order from Winnice, maybe you can upgrade the fork.
The Winnice is based around a Dengfu E56 frame, if you want to DIY. Lots of great options there. The E56 is a frame/motor/battery combination that creates a heavy bike, and weighs north of 30kg.
With the M620 you can choose different tuning options, for up to 3000W of motor power.
Will feel quite a bit like any other MTB, because it has a very modern geometry, but the weight of the motor and battery will change that perception a bit.

Dengfu E23 is another great choice of frame, if you want to DIY. IMO more aesthetic than the E56, but only has space for a 800Wh battery, whereas the E56 will hold a 1000Wh battery, without having to build a DIY battery pack.
Wattwagons sells a special version of that E23 frame called Hydra, that has a bigger downtube, to hold the 1000Wh battery of the E56. I don't see the fat option anymore, but ask Pushkar (owner of Wattwagons), if he builds it up on special order for you. From what I was able to gather, he goes the extra mile, to make sure customer is happy. Small brand, that seems to be run by a solid guy.
Will feel a lot like any other MTB, because it has a modern geometry, but again, the weight of the motor will change that perception a bit.

The 4leaf Loki will also likely satisfy your needs. The light weight Bafang M560 motor should provide plenty power, but beware, the current M560 has some issues (being quite noisy), so you might either wait for the next revision, or pick the M510 motor, which has a bit less power, but is still a very good choice. The bike is also available with a M620 motor! Watch this guy's videos to get an impression of the bike.
Will also weigh less than 25kg, if configured right, but has a slightly less modern geometry, which may actually feel more comfy to ride for you.

The Dengfu E10 build in my thread will give you a final weight of less than 25kg and good fuel economy, if you pick the right components. You can either get choose a M510 or M560 for such a build. Keep an eye on this thread.
Will have the most MTB feel of all the these options, because it has a (very) modern geometry and a weight, not unlike any other full powered big brand MTB of two years ago.

With all these carbon frames, I would get carbon rims too, if your budget allows for it. The lower rotating mass is noticeable when riding, even for a layman. The small amount of weight saved on the rims make the whole bike feel quite a bit lighter.
Nextie is the biggest name for carbon fat bike rims, but there are other quality options as well.

There is the Lamere full sus fatbike and, as mentioned, there is also the full sus Maxx Huraxdax ELS from Gemany, but it is the most pricey one of all of those bikes. Then there is the Foes Fat-E , which surely is a great full suspension option from a quality boutique builder, there may or may not also be a Lenz Fattillac as an ebike version.

That being said, just for snow riding a full suspension bike is not really necessary, so that may broaden your search a bit again.
The Norco Bigfoot and RM E-Blizzard sure are great hard tail options, I would seriously consider those if I were you, I bet they both ride great! As mentioned by another member there is also a Moose E FAT.
If you can pick up a left over Specialized Turbo Levo Comp Fat on sale, you might also have a great bike.

If you decide to get a Manitou Mastodon fork, you can pick the 2.0 version on clearance sale, the new 3.0 is almost doube the clearance sale price, without much benefit for most riders. The suspension is easier to dial in though.
Get the Pro, maybe also the EXT version of that, if you plan to run taller tires than 26.4.8" - like 27.5x4.5" for example.

No matter which bike you choose, the right tires and tire pressure are of utmost importance for snow riding. You are better off to read the fat bike section of MTBR, as there are many experts on that subject, and I would not dare to give you any advice in this regard.
Also check this very comprehensive thread for an overview on what else to look out for when riding in the snow.

Last edited:

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
Not sure if that is an option, but @Daxxie in the EU might be able to build such a bike for you, according to your wishes.
Look around in this forum's DIY section, I am sure there are a few custom builders in NA too.

Last edited:

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
I can't comment on the legality of motor systems where you live, but I researched quite a bit about the state of real (as in not Biktrix, etc.) fat MTB options:

You could look at the Winnice E56, if you want a complete build. Runs 26x4.8" tires and has a Bafang M620 motor. Very good choice IMHO. I would get a different fork though, I don't anything about the one being put on the bike, but it no Manitou Mastodon, which is the most popular fat bike fork by a big margin.
If you order from them, maybe you can customize the fork. I would also get carbon rims, if your budget allows for it.
The Winnice is based around a Dengfu E56 frame if you want to DIY. Lots of great options there. The E56 is a frame and motor combination that create a heavy bike, that weigh north of 30kg.
With the M620 you can choose different tuning options for up to 3000W of motor power.
Will feel a lot like any other MTB, because it has a very modern geometry, but the weight of the motor and battery will change that perception a bit.

Dengfu E23 is another great choice of frame, if you want to DIY. IMO more aesthetic than the E56, but only has space for a 800Wh battery, whereas the E56 will hold a 1000Wh battery, without having to build a DIY battery pack.
Wattwagons sells a special version of that E23 frame called Hydra, that has a bigger downtube, to hold the 1000Wh battery of the E56. I don't see the fat option anymore, but ask Pushkar, if he builds it up on special order for you. From what I was able to gather, he goes the extra mile to make sure customer is happy. Small brand, that seems to be run by a solid guy.
Will feel a lot like any other MTB, because it has a modern geometry, but the weight of the motor will change that perception a bit.

The 4leaf Loki will also likely satisfy your needs. The Bafang M560 motor should provide enough power, but
beware, the current M560 has some issues (being quite noisy), so you might either wait for the next revision, or pick the M510 motor, which has a bit less power, but is still a very good choice.
Will also weigh less than 25kg, if configured right, but has a slightly less modern geometry, which may actually feel more comfy to ride for you.

The Dengfu E10 build in my thread will give you a final weight of less than 25kg, if you choose the right components. You can either choose a M510 or M560 for such a build.
Will have the most MTB feel of all the these options, because it has a (very) modern geometry and a weight, not unlike any other full powered big brand MTB of two years ago.

That being said, just for snow riding a full suspension bike is not really necessary, so that may broaden your search a bit again.

No matter which bike you choose, the right tires and tire pressure are of utmost importance for snow riding. You are better off to read the fat bike section of MTBR, as there are many experts on that subject, and I would not dare to give you any advice in this regard.
Wow El Topo you have given me terrific info to further check out. My eyes are already burning and red ! Haha. Thanks so much, looks like another day or two of research. 👍
(Full suspension for Summer rippin )

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Don’t know about Himiway but maybe?

This is another couple possibilities

The price is overpriced compared to all the sales going on right now.

Last edited:

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
Wow El Topo you have given me terrific info to further check out. My eyes are already burning and red ! Haha. Thanks so much, looks like another day or two of research. (Full suspension for Summer rippin )

You are welcome, I am glad my long search, to find an affordable full sus e-fattie, is of help to someone else!

Don’t know about Himiway but maybe?
That looks like a Biktrix (or similar) alloy frame, where they put on fake carbon fiber tape?
No quality components either, this will not even remotely compare to the bikes I mentioned above. Aimed again at the 65+ crowd.

I also added that paragraph to my above long message, I will keep it updated as summary for you and others, that might find this thread later:

The Norco Bigfoot and RM E-Blizzard sure are great hard tail options, I would seriously consider those if I were you, I bet they both ride great!
The Foes Fat-E surely is a great full suspension option from a quality boutique builder, there may or may not also be a Lenz Fattillac as an ebike version.

If you get a Mastodon fork, you can pick the 2.0 version on clearance sale, the new 3.0 is much more expensive, without much benefit for most riders. Get the Pro, but you may not need the EXT version of that, which is not needed for 26x4.8" tires.

Last edited:

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
This is another couple possibilities
Mentioned in my above post, see my write up there.

The Bulls is just a normal width tire MTB, probably a decent one, but no fat tire bike nevertheless.

I deliberately excluded the Frey fat bikes, they seem to have become a decent brand for regular MTBs , but their fat bike geo doesn't look like much fun. I doubt they beat any of the options above.

Last edited:

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Did you look at the Foes fat Eticket?

Bosch drive unit

Full suspension 150/150mm

Usa made aluminum frame welded together by an mtb hall of famer (Brent Foes)

Up to date geometry

Available as a frame or full build

You can buy the regular e ticket rear triangle and set it up skinny for summer (or just build skinny wheels w fat hubs)

D

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Pre production shot of the Foes.

Screenshot_20231122-171806_Samsung Internet.jpg

D

El Topo

Jul 23, 2022
Germany, Bavaria
Did you look at the Foes fat Eticket?

Bosch drive unit
Full suspension 150/150mm
Usa made aluminum frame welded together by an mtb hall of famer (Brent Foes)
Up to date geometry
Available as a frame or full build
I mentioned it before. I am sure it is a great bike, and I would certainly consider it, if it was attainable/affordable for me. One thing to consider, alloy frames feel colder than carbon in the winter.

@Rickster, I added some more stuff to long post, as a summary of my findings, for you and someone else, that may stumble across this topic later. Feel free to ask, so I can clarify or add things, to the best of my knowledge.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
I'll just reiterate my firm belief that a fatbike, on 4-5" tires, does not need full suspension (the only exception would be if you're running 2.8 or 3.0 plus tires). It's a compromise on pretty much every level. To get the suspension to operate predictably you'd need to run higher pressures in your tires, defeating the traction benefits. I spent most of one season riding my fat bike on 90% of my rides. I would never do that again. One other subtle but noticeable difference for me was the different Q-factor/BB spacing that led to some hip and knee issues from constantly riding the fatty. I keep it for ice and snow now. If I were to buy an eFat, it would definitely be a hardtail.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Wowzers, you guys have been an absolute godsend with all the info you have given ! Thank you so much 😊
As an update I have looked intently at all the suggestions and more. Not only am I overloaded with reading but also with videos and have come to a few decisions that I need to make before I can move forward. I realize that I am pro aluminum for an ebike frame but I see a Lot of offerings in carbon fibre 😱 that have been recommended here and elsewhere. I now have been reevaluating my biases? So I need a solid decision on that issue plus the dedicated snow issue or not. RickBullatta you have brought this up a number of times. Here’s my dilemma , I have never ridden a fatty on snow or dirt. Is the performance of a fatty really going to get me that much further down the trail then my 27.5x3 ebike ? Is it worth going to a totally dedicated snow ride with no suspension just for snow or not ? I was thinking of getting a set of wheels set up (wide hub) for narrower tires for summer use, hence my need for suspension… I do want the extra power and range that my reg ebike doesn’t have for adventures. So the baf 620 with at least a 1000wh bat would be great. My question would be to either choose a dedicated snow ride(no susp) or look for a multi purpose ride(with susp). However no matter what I choose stock is an issue with most brands and I do want to use the bike pretty quick. So far I really like the DengFu Winice E56 FAT Carbon Ebike (M620 UART 52V 1000W 20Ah 1040Wh 26er) and the price point of $3400 for the pro model seems outstanding.
Hopefully I can reach a positive outcome and order a bike asap.
Thanks again everyone and enjoy the ride!

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Front/full suspension will all depend on where and how you ride. If you're doing groomed stuff all the time and your trails aren't rough then you absolutely don't need fs. I for one would always opt for a front suspension fork on any bike but if your trails are smooth then thats not really needed either.

Our group rides groomed trails less frequently, we ride the same rough, rocky and technical trails we ride in the summer. The rough trails eventually get smoother the more the snow gets packed but there's always still drops and jumps and suspension just makes that funner. The suspended bikes also deal with the, not enough snow or melting snow, in-between times better than a rigid fattie and we really have no off season because of this.

The preferred frame is the 150mm travel Foes Mutz. You can fit 4.8s on it with the right rims but it has 177 rear spacing so the q isn't as crazy as a 197 spaced frame. In the winter we run 150mm mastadons but the in the summer we all swap to skinny wheels and 180mm travel rock shox or dvo forks. I know youre still compromising a little when compared to a dedicated skinny bike but these things rip in both configurations and are the ultimate quiver killer if you want only one bike. I'd consider a Lenz fattilac right up there as well but I'm not sure if he makes an e version..

If the Foes is out of op's price range, in my opinion, the Bigfoot vlt or Rocky are the only real options. I don't know much about the rm motor but I haven't heard too much complaining. The shimano on the new bigfoot still clunks a bit but the more you ride it the more you don't notice it. I don't know if its a different tune or just the fact that the norco is a hardtail but it seems more powerful and quicker than the ep8 on my sc bullit with similar km... I rode the bigfoot on the same trails as I ride the bullit in the summer and besides missing the rear suspension on rougher sections and being 10lb heavier the thing absolutely ripped.. drops, jumps and all. I did throw a 3" dhf on a skinnyfat wheel up front but with a full skinny setup it would be even better for summer..... if you can tolerate a hardtail.

Anyways, my advice is to be honest with yourself about where and how hard you ride. Thats the starting point. Second, stick to known brands be they boutique or mass produced because you will ultimately regret getting some no name abortion.

A picture of a quiver of Foes Mutzeses in skinny mode and the new Whisky/i9 fat wheels for the bigfoot vlt for good measure.

20231123_171736.jpg
20231123_140211.jpg

D

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Darwink1 great advice I will continue to dig deeper into your post. Here in BC The only groomed trails you will find is on ski hills. I too ride the same parks/ mts year round either coming up or going down. Unfortunately, for some crazy reason whenever I reach a Ridgeline, I’m always looking for the next highest.
A typical ride out here luckily the trail is broke kinda … cheers
1700789750817.jpeg

kntr

Sep 19, 2019
USA
I love my Foes Mutz and cant wait for the Foes Fat E-ticket. I love full suspension in the winter. Our trails are super rough since people hike and snowshoe them too. I had a hardtail to begin with and hated it.

7920231A-A12B-4AF0-8BAC-C14797D1EE98.jpeg

darwink1

Dec 19, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Darwink1 great advice I will continue to dig deeper into your post. Here in BC The only groomed trails you will find is on ski hills. I too ride the same parks/ mts year round either coming up or going down. Unfortunately, for some crazy reason whenever I reach a Ridgeline, I’m always looking for the next highest.
A typical ride out here luckily the trail is broke kinda … cheers
View attachment 129635
That's what our trails look like as well. After a heavy snow we head out on snowshoes then the hikers follow the tracks and pack things down more. Groomed trails, although fast and fun in their own way, aren't nearly as challenging.

20230127_160959.jpg
20230224_151945.jpg
20230208_185827_071.jpg

If youre from BC check out the top tube pad on my norco in the last pic, thats some west coast freeride history there..

D

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Well out of Everything I have so far read and watched there is really only one bike that really stands out among the rest when it comes to snow riding… It sure seems to work slick but a little too exotic.

So far I have gone full circle looking at all the different options and possibilities. At this point the Winice E56 frame from DengFul is a strong runner with a price point that seems decent for what you get....

Edited to say i have completely changed my mind about going with carbon fibre after watching this "professional repair " plus no one offers sled kits for Carbon frames. what a joke.
Back to the drawing board for me. CF is out , now I'm going back through my lists to re-examine aloy options.

Last edited:

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Wowzers, you guys have been an absolute godsend with all the info you have given ! Thank you so much 😊
As an update I have looked intently at all the suggestions and more. Not only am I overloaded with reading but also with videos and have come to a few decisions that I need to make before I can move forward. I realize that I am pro aluminum for an ebike frame but I see a Lot of offerings in carbon fibre 😱 that have been recommended here and elsewhere. I now have been reevaluating my biases? So I need a solid decision on that issue plus the dedicated snow issue or not. RickBullatta you have brought this up a number of times. Here’s my dilemma , I have never ridden a fatty on snow or dirt. Is the performance of a fatty really going to get me that much further down the trail then my 27.5x3 ebike ? Is it worth going to a totally dedicated snow ride with no suspension just for snow or not ? I was thinking of getting a set of wheels set up (wide hub) for narrower tires for summer use, hence my need for suspension… I do want the extra power and range that my reg ebike doesn’t have for adventures. So the baf 620 with at least a 1000wh bat would be great. My question would be to either choose a dedicated snow ride(no susp) or look for a multi purpose ride(with susp). However no matter what I choose stock is an issue with most brands and I do want to use the bike pretty quick. So far I really like the DengFu Winice E56 FAT Carbon Ebike (M620 UART 52V 1000W 20Ah 1040Wh 26er) and the price point of $3400 for the pro model seems outstanding.
Hopefully I can reach a positive outcome and order a bike asap.
Thanks again everyone and enjoy the ride!

My strong vote is, if you have a reasonable snow season, get a purpose-built fatbike hardtail. Having ridden a fatbike in the offseason with both fat tires and plus tires, I'd just not something I'd recommend. Can you do it? Sure. But no comparison to the handling of a proper MTB or eMTB with 2.5" tires and a tuned suspension.

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
My strong vote is, if you have a reasonable snow season, get a purpose-built fatbike hardtail. Having ridden a fatbike in the offseason with both fat tires and plus tires, I'd just not something I'd recommend. Can you do it? Sure. But no comparison to the handling of a proper MTB or eMTB with 2.5" tires and a tuned suspension.
Rick a dedicated snow bike would be ideal , however I’m sure you know that a dual sport anything doesn’t really do anything fantastic but it’s diversity is what makes them popular. That’s kinda the way iI’m looking at this. I already have a great ebike for ripping the dirt in summer and some winter riding (very limited) but I don’t have a swamp/sand/snow rider with a ton of power , traction and distance. That’s where the fatty would come in. There’s absolutely no doubt in my mind it’s going to be Heavy and handle accordingly but it will get me farther and higher than my Summer ride. Because I live in the mts ( think Swiss Alps) and the majority of my rides seem to be up creek beds and rocky terrain . I have already done the hardtail route and it does beat the crapola out of you and makes riding in a lot of areas inaccessible. Before part of the local area became a park the majority of users were either on horseback or dirt bikes. I was one of the dirt riders back then and if things hadn’t gotten out of hand dirt bikes would still be there. But I’m regressing now. So ideally I would love to have a e-moto but there’s roads n parks that it’s not legal and I just don’t want to deal with that. This would be perfect but i doubt it's really that great.
1700879908028.jpeg
So that’s where a power house fatty may bring some joy and area access that I have lost due to the motorcycle ban.
So you are right Rick all things being equal a dedicated snow bike would be ideal but I want/need to be able to climb n climb into old areas that my current ebike cannot handle due to steepness and distance. This is also why I’m hesitant about getting a plastic bike versus a tinfoil unit. Unfortunately it seems I waited too long into the coming season to purchase so my choices are limited that way as well. I did contact the majority of suppliers mentioned here that I would consider and most cannot supply the bike I’m interested in until early spring or much later. Heck I can always resell the bike if it’s a slug.
Thanks again for all your time and expertise, I don’t take it lightly and carefully consider every post.
Ride safe , be safe ! 😎

Last edited:

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Well I have found my Perfect bike except one thing, it's not a class 3 ☹️
I need/want a higher powered fatty than this but try to find a alloy one. Seriously there doesn't seem to be any top end class 3 fattys, everything I have looked at is pretty much carbon fibre made in China and are boats made for getting groceries. If anyone out there knows of a fully suspended class 3 alloy fat ebike that isn't just a rebranded dud please share !!! 🙏

Rickster

Subscriber
Feb 19, 2022
Ok BC Canada
Why not just get a Surron at this point... closest thing to an mx bike you'll find and the tires should be pretty fat..

D
Believe me I seriously considered it but there are no streets or Forest Service roads it can be legally ridden. Plus it's not stealth at all. Considering the price point of all these e motor cycles,I don't really see the advantage of buying one. First the range sucks, most need major upgrades and what happens if/when you run otta juice nowhere near a Plug in ? Seriously the Honda XR 150L is a "real mc " at less cost than an E cycle ! Plus you can go into your local dealership and get whatever parts you may need. Overall Honda's Rep is 100% better than any off shore stuff. Plus I don't want to truck a bike of any kind just to ride. There's far too many idiots on the emotorcycles doing their illegal "ride outs " that the cops are watching and so are people.
Thanks though 👍

1701135954994.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles