EWS E bike series 2020

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
Will be interesting to see how they implement the power monitoring.

For sure. I can see how they could try to keep bike motors stock, but I don't know how they could do much about how much power they have, as long as the manufacturer swears they're 250w. Maybe we'll see "Black Box" motors coming out? For Racing Only? They are going to have timed uphill sections so who has the most combined power is going to be at an advantage.

I think it would suck racing enduro if you were a fit athlete with a 20kph cut off myself, 20mph would be much better.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Cant wait to see how courses develop. Itll be cool to see what theyre climbing and how they race on those climbs

JCB

Oct 7, 2019
Burnie, Tasmania
I think that it is great news ! The FIM attempt was bad, the WEC series had low numbers.
EWS will help with the acceptance of ebike, it will probably be in their video coverage. I am expecting a lot of hate from hardcore endure racer (check Pinkbike, VitalMX and Facebook comments of this announcement) but it will be good to have pro racing and be crowned champion.

I am predicting Nico Vouilloz or Fabien Barel as potential champions..

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I think that it is great news ! The FIM attempt was bad, the WEC series had low numbers.
EWS will help with the acceptance of ebike, it will probably be in their video coverage. I am expecting a lot of hate from hardcore endure racer (check Pinkbike, VitalMX and Facebook comments of this announcement) but it will be good to have pro racing and be crowned champion.

I am predicting Nico Vouilloz or Fabien Barel as potential champions..
yes E-Bikes are here to stay like tubeless tyres and hydraulic disc brakes. Will be good to have established riders on a world stage and as you say will help make e-bikes mainstream. Ignore the haters they are just keyboard warriors.

Reactions: JCB

alan_sh

Aug 3, 2020
Rochdale
Will be interesting to see how they implement the power monitoring.
Maybe, like some motorcycle racing, they will be given a standard bike and they can adjust certain things (suspension, brakes, gearing) but have to leave the frame and motor alone.

Alan

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
I doub't it. Manufacturers will want to showcase their bikes. This is also about a bit of PR & Marketing for them. For the downhills the eBike doesn't make much difference at all.

I am sure Nico & Yannick upped the stock of the Lapierre GLP2 this weekend!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles