EWS-E Tweed Valley

Aug 31, 2020
Sospel
Well that was fun, but tough.The hardest part was the transitions

That was the same with the Finale ews-e: the transitions were really hard and you really had to push the whole time(actual pushing for some of the time!!) I think they do need to be hard so that you need a good level of fitness and so that its not just ews with a motor...but maybe not quite SO hard!

Definitely at Finale it seemed that the organisers were out to prove that ebiking wasn't the easy option!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Afternoon lads just asking a question really i raced the ews 100 at tweed valley and next year I'm going to do the EWS E race instead how many actual batterys do you need for the 100. 3 or 2 and have one charge after the first loop ???

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
Depends on the charge speed- I would expect 2-3 hours between loops 1 and 3 for charging, if that helps! The 100 is a monster of a day though, and having to be battery careful would not be fun. I'm switching the other way and riding the 80 next year- I didn't really enjoy the transitions, they were slogs for the sake of making it harder. I'd rather the hard bits were the stages.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
Depends on the charge speed- I would expect 2-3 hours between loops 1 and 3 for charging, if that helps! The 100 is a monster of a day though, and having to be battery careful would not be fun. I'm switching the other way and riding the 80 next year- I didn't really enjoy the transitions, they were slogs for the sake of making it harder. I'd rather the hard bits were the stages.

I think on a fast charger and two batterys you could probably make it round. How much bty did you have left at the end of 50 and are the transitions timed even for novices??

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
No timed transitions, but the stages do close sharpish and the guidelines don't allow much rest. We only just avoided a time penalty for being late back too. I was pretty much out of battery by the finish (630Wh Shimano), about 2 miles range left (and the EP8 is optimistic about range), I was battery saving from the start and rode mostly in Eco. Next one is in June so the trails might be slightly drier, but some of those transitions were battery sapping gloop. All I could think of was how much less hassle it would be using the forest roads- and how I could manage another stage with the battery saved in that case!
It was a fun day out though!

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
No timed transitions, but the stages do close sharpish and the guidelines don't allow much rest. We only just avoided a time penalty for being late back too. I was pretty much out of battery by the finish (630Wh Shimano), about 2 miles range left (and the EP8 is optimistic about range), I was battery saving from the start and rode mostly in Eco. Next one is in June so the trails might be slightly drier, but some of those transitions were battery sapping gloop. All I could think of was how much less hassle it would be using the forest roads- and how I could manage another stage with the battery saved in that case!
It was a fun day out though!

So on the E50 did you do 2 loops or just the 1 ???

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
1 loop, have you see the maps? We did loop 1 but missed out stage 3, then over to loop 2 for stage 6.
Stage 1 was grim, 2 ok but not the most fun trail, the others were quite fun but they were the easier trails used

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
1 loop, have you see the maps? We did loop 1 but missed out stage 3, then over to loop 2 for stage 6.
Stage 1 was grim, 2 ok but not the most fun trail, the others were quite fun but they were the easier trails used

I was looking at the map then so did you have to do 2 power stages then

Part timer

Mar 6, 2021
The valley
Nope, just the first one- stage 10 was only used for the second time round loop 1. They did stage 1 twice but it was only timed the first time through

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles