Bosch EMTB Challenge comes to the UK - Tweedlove Festival - Tweed Valley June 2019

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm pretty sure it was a couple of years ago, I can't remember when I first saw the events.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
yes I remember that episode - without rewatching it pretty sure people on all sorts?

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
The course goes within 100 yds of my house. I hope I am fit enough (broken collarbone) and my Decoy has arrived :)

C2VNY

May 25, 2019
Glasgow
I am entered but I have an issue with the Decoy. It is in the local Shimano center . They may have isolated the issue to the SC-7000 display and they are fitting another tomorrow. If I get the bike back the I plan to ride.

You got the decoy already ????

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
We are in for a treat fellas - course is looking cracking. No feet down sections look impossible. Just started raining, proper raining not that English “pish” Borders rain ???

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland
I got a demo ride on a Canyon Spectral at the festival. The battery lasted 15 mins and when I took it back they said they did not have any other batteries for the medium sized bike ... duh . So my thoughts on Canyon are a bit suspect. My wife did ride the Neuron though and liked it so that may be a win.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That's piss poor. It's the same battery on all the Spectrals, regardless of size.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
We are in for a treat fellas - course is looking cracking. No feet down sections look impossible. Just started raining, proper raining not that English “pish” Borders rain ???

What stages are no feet down? I thought they were just using foot fault at the golfie and the push-up/make or brake on the other side for their uphill sections?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just checked the map for the Emtb challenge.
It's not a particularly challenging route as far as trail difficulty goes in the area. Even the "advanced only" descent. (it's one of the most well established old Enduro stages and rides well with plenty of support in all weather conditions)
Here's the only tricky bit I can think of in the route for a "feet up" climbing challenge section (first 5 sec) any others look to be just fairly standard trail centre climbs with the odd manmade obsticle.

it's not massively difficult on a regular bike if you're reasonably fit.
I guess tweedlove think emtbers aren't very capable and want to keep it fairly easy to keep entry numbers high.

The route is easily do able on one battery.

It's raining today. Tomorrow is meant to be drier.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles