Levo Gen 2 Error Message.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Got this error message when I turned the bike on this morning, I don't have lights attached. I'll take the bike out soon and see if all is ok, if it is how do I get rid of the message?
Thanks

IMG_0182.PNG

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You'll have to remove the motor cover on non-drive side and check if maybe a plug cap for light port has fallen out, mabe dirt has entered into the port causing short-circuit...

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Ah ok thanks for that, I will need to get tools to take off the crank. Do you think it is rideable? I will give it a go but don't want to end up half way to work and everything dies on me.

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
You don't need special tool to take the crank off, just 8mm alen to undo extractor bolt ...

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Yeah you are talking to a dimwit here Salko, I have one of those and un-done the bolt now, but then what.It's loose and then goes tight again, I'll do some research on YouTube.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Yeah you are talking to a dimwit here Salko, I have one of those and un-done the bolt now, but then what.It's loose and then goes tight again, I'll do some research on YouTube.
It's not too scary .. It just unwinds like a normal bolt (as in, anti-clockwise to loosen) - it's self extracting, so it might be tight to turn as it pulls the crank off as you turn.

When you put it back on - make sure it's at 180 degrees to the one on the other side or your pedal motion will be a bit strange ! :)

Because they're not "handed" (as in like pedals with one thread one way and one the other - though the actual cranks are left and right handed to accommodate the pedals correctly or your pedals unwind themselves as you ride) - the left side crank can unwind itself if it's not on tight enough.

You don't have to swing on it like a gorilla (if you don't have a torque wrench). You'll see it wind the crank all the way in then it should just feel "tight" .. on the left side I normally then give it a little extra turn just ot be safe.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Thanks Zimmerframe, I have done it now, yeah I was just unsure and being a blouse, do you know I the torque setting?

Thanks to both of you.

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Oh and it all looked good in there, no dirt or moisture, I didn't reseat any cables (blouse again). I'll leave for work early and ride close to home for a bit.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Thanks Zimmerframe, I have done it now, yeah I was just unsure and being a blouse, do you know I the torque setting?

Thanks to both of you.
Don't ask me .. I just snapped the head off my torque wrench ... now hammer .....

But I think it's 50nm if I remember correctly .. Ideally greased, though it's probably still greasy .. and absolutely no loctite.

ScottWest

Oct 17, 2019
Oregon
I have had this error too. Cleaned connections but that didn't solve it. Dealer ordered me a new cable, but I don't have it yet. Error went away. I assume something dried out

Kiwibloke

Feb 27, 2021
Kent
Just got back from work, error has gone, bike was fine both ways so I'm sure all is good, I'll get that bolt torqued correctly.

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
No. Although extractor bolt is marked with 50Nm I found this too tight, spesh manual says 40Nm.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles