Levo Gen 2 New Error (Motor Error)

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Turbo Levo Comp 2020 - New Error on original Motor

On turning the bike on, within about 5 seconds it usually comes up with a Motor Error on the TCU.

After Logging into Misson Control, I get the following error message:

"Switch off the bike completely, wait 30 seconds and then restart it

Check the lights and its visible part of the cable for any obvious damage. Non-standard lights might cause this problem to occur.

If you do not have lights installed on the bike, please contact your retailer

If the problem persists, or if there is damage to the lights and/or cables, please contact your retailer"

Any ideas what this is ?

Last edited:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Check if the light connector is properly blocked.
Left side of the motor.
Does the "new" in you post, relate to a "new" motor, or a "new" error code? Is it a replacement motor?
I agree. If the error code is specific to the light "circuit" but you do not have a light connected, it surely can only relate to the light port which should be capped with a blanking cap. The ports not used that are capped are supposed to have those caps removed and refitted to a new motor in the event of a change of motor since new motors are not delivered complete with them. Even if the cap is in place, there may be water ingress, so best to remove it and clean and replace.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
No it's an original Motor. I meant the error is new.
I've never had lights connected to the bike.
I've not a clue where the light port is on the motor. I hope this doesn't involve taking the motor out because I made an attempt at it a while ago and couldn't do it despite loosening all the motor bolts.
The motor is the original and its never been cleaned. I made two failed attempts to remove the motor for cleaning a while ago but couldn't work it out. 2500 miles plus.

Last edited:

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
OK...no need to remove the motor. Pull the non drive side crank and remove the motor cover. You will see the main motor to battery cable, and a rectangular plug on the left side. To the right of that rectangular plug there are 4 circular conection ports. Only one is used...for the speed sensor. The other 3 should be capped. The 2 ports alongside the rectangular plug ( marked red and green) are the front and rear light ports.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
1: remove the left crank arm.
2: remove the left plastic motor cover.
3: you now have access to the connectors.

Blow all dirt/water away and clean it up.
Let it dry our....

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
1: remove the left crank arm.
2: remove the left plastic motor cover.
3: you now have access to the connectors.

Oh right I got that far last time, it's just actual removal of the motor which I couldn't achieve. I never cleaned anything out though. Shame I've not got an air compressor to blow the crap away.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
OK...no need to remove the motor. Pull the non drive side crank and remove the motor cover. You will see the main motor to battery cable, and a rectangular plug on the left side. To the right of that rectangular plug there are 4 circular conection ports. Only one is used...for the speed sensor. The other 3 should be capped. The 2 ports alongside the rectangular plug ( marked red and green) are the front and rear light ports.
Okay thanks I'll have a look at it

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
No need....in fact you can do more harm than good by forcing crap and moisture into the connectors. A small brush will do the job.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles