Error codes 500 and 550

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
I have a Bosch gen 4 with 200 miles on the motor. Turned it on and error 500 appeared (Internal error of drive unit), pressed ok and a few seconds later error 550 popped up (Improper load detected). There's no drive from the motor.

Quick search and it sounds like code 500 could be terminal and new motor needed.

I've removed the motor connectors to try clean and dry them out. The speed sensor has some slight corrosion on one of the pin holes and I'm wondering if this is causing the issue? Non of the codes seem to relate to the speed sensor.

I'm supposed to be away this weekend on it so don't have time to get it to a dealer to run diagnostics. I might be able to get a speed sensor before then, but want to check that I'm not wasting my time if anyone knows...

Shark58

Mar 5, 2023
Germany
There is a professional motor repair service in Germany you might want to try. They posted recently that they are able to repair 40 out of 50 Bosch motors with error 500. In most cases that error is an internal defect of some electronic components caused by moisture and is deemed non-repairable by Bosch. Depending on the age of your motor you could also ask Bosch for a warranty or goodwill exchange.

The repair service has an English website, so they probably understand English. The link points to the English site, don’t know why the preview here is in German.

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Thanks, I'm going to try go through the warranty process with Bosch first but that's good to know.

It sounds like it's more than just a speed sensor issue.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Thanks, I'm going to try go through the warranty process with Bosch first but that's good to know.

It sounds like it's more than just a speed sensor issue.
I think 503 is speed sensor issue which people can usually fix with a washer/spacer behind the sensor so it's closer to the magnet .maybe the sensors can wiggle about a few mm from vibrations as well.

550 looks like its from moisture/shortcircuit and you need a new motor, big thread on it here

Aug 17, 2022
Dijon
J'ai un Bosch gen 4 avec 200 miles sur le moteur. Je l'ai allumé et l'erreur 500 est apparue (erreur interne de l'unité d'entraînement), j'ai appuyé sur ok et quelques secondes plus tard, l'erreur 550 est apparue (charge incorrecte détectée). Il n'y a pas d'entraînement du moteur.

Une recherche rapide et il semble que le code 500 pourrait être un terminal et un nouveau moteur nécessaire.

J'ai retiré les connecteurs du moteur pour essayer de les nettoyer et de les sécher. Le capteur de vitesse présente une légère corrosion sur l'un des trous d'épingle et je me demande si cela est à l'origine du problème ? Aucun des codes ne semble concerner le capteur de vitesse.

Je dois être absent ce week-end, donc je n'ai pas le temps de l'amener chez un concessionnaire pour faire des diagnostics. Je pourrais peut-être obtenir un capteur de vitesse avant cela, mais je veux vérifier que je ne perds pas mon temps si quelqu'un sait...
L'erreur 550 est un problème de court-circuit sur la carte mère du moteur. La batterie se décharge rapidement et au bout de quelques km, le kiox s'éteint tout seul puis définitivement (j'avais au total, une dizaine d'erreurs successives après le diagnostic).
Bosch a remplacé le moteur sans discuter.
J'ai décrit cette erreur sur ma page ici :

Error 550 is a short circuit problem on the motor motherboard. The battery discharges quickly and after a few km, the kiox switches off on its own and then permanently (I had a total of about ten successive errors after the diagnosis).
Bosch replaced the motor without discussion.
I described this error on my page here : VTT-12V - ERREURS DISPLAY

E-bike

Apr 14, 2024
Milicz
Jestem specjalistą w naprawie sprzętu rowerowego, aw dodatku w naprawie oprogramowania z kodem błędu 500 oraz sprzętu baterii BMS-y Bosch. Oferuje usługę naprawy dla rowerów elektrycznych, w tym naprawę oprogramowania, baterię bidon. Kontakt 788-713-542

Marshall82

Feb 6, 2024
Belarus
Hi. If you have error 550 more possible problem with power distributor ic. This is four channel power output ic, which enable 12v on ports. VNQ7050AJ, near torque sensor port on the mainboard.

20240420_213319.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles