Weird finding concerning error 500

Scottwilf

May 30, 2022
Hoegaarden, Belgium
Hi all, new to the forum ...
Sorry if my English is not according to the British standards 😂. I'm Flemish and Dutch is my mother tongue.
So ... I got a Scott E-spark 710 from 2016 with a Bosch performance CX gen 2 (0275007027). Got 2400km in 6 yrs, I'm 57 and have some serious health issues so I can't ride that often.
Recently got the well known error 500.
Been reading a lot about it so I decided to disassemble the motor.
What a mess inside, rust everywhere, even a completely blocked bearing. What struck me immediately was that the soldering points from power wires from the induction motor were almost black. Not brown from the resin when soldering, this was more an extreme current draw and heat issue ... Maybe because of the blocked bearing!??
Long story short ... Put a new bearing. Took the PCB out, gave it a good clean with isopropylalcohol. New grease, re-soldered the wires back, assembled the whole motor and put it back on the bike and there it was again the error 500 😡
I really got frustrated because I never quit a problem before I know the root cause.
So I went on with experimenting and I came to a very weird finding ... the error 500 appears on my Nyon even with no battery installed on the bike! So what the hell is going on ... there is no current running through the PCB in the motor and still get the error 500.

Has anyone also experienced this?

A new motor is most likely to solve the problem even though I read many posts of the error 500 reappearing within 100 km after a new motor got installed. So I'm confused and really don't know which way to go.

Thanks for reading my post.

Wil

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles