EP8 lead times

mike425

Jan 9, 2020
Sheffield
Hi, does anyone know what the ep8s are like for availability at the minute? Got it booked in at the shop with an E010 error.....

Thanks

Oct 26, 2021
UK, South
I have no idea as to the answer but would also be interested to know.

As I understand it, any internal issues (or fault codes indicating them) necessitate full replacement rather than repair.

mike425

Jan 9, 2020
Sheffield
June so I am told by the dealer....pretty annoyed about it. Also Shimano dont extend your warranty, so when it breaks and takes 3 months to sort you are 3 months down on your warranty.

I think I might be done with ebikes after this one. Its not worth the hassle of not being able to ride.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
June so I am told by the dealer....pretty annoyed about it. Also Shimano dont extend your warranty, so when it breaks and takes 3 months to sort you are 3 months down on your warranty.

I think I might be done with ebikes after this one. Its not worth the hassle of not being able to ride.
Or don't buy a bike with a Shimano motor! Bosch seem to have the repairable and fast turnround thing sorted. I have only ever ridden Shimano so far, but the next bike will not be Shimano. I have never had a problem with my two Shimano powered bikes, I just don't like where they are going with their non-repairable and poor service proposition.

robbydobs

Jan 31, 2021
Sussex, UK
It's just taken around 2 months for my E8000 in the UK. Apparently Madison have a bit of a backlog.

This is my feeling too.
Its too expensive as well, especially now the 2nd hand market has crashed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles